Steven Spielberg Working on Racing Driver James Hunt Biopic
Steven Spielberg is working on a new movie biopic of legendary British racing driver James Hunt, according to a U.K. report. Executives at the star's DreamWorks studio are said to be signing up "Tormented" star Alex Pettyfer to play the driver in the lookback at Hunt's life.
A DreamWorks spokesperson says, "I can confirm there are plans for a James Hunt film to be made." A source tells Britain's Sunday Express, "Negotiations are very advanced and a deal is very close for the film on James Hunt. This is a fantastic story about a very charismatic figure and has all the elements of a great film. Hunt was quite a character."
Womanizer Hunt became the Formula One champion in 1976 but was left devastated two years later when his pal Ronnie Petersen died during the Italian Grand Prix. Hunt passed away in 1993 after suffering a heart attack.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism