Steven Spielberg Working on Racing Driver James Hunt Biopic
Steven Spielberg is working on a new movie biopic of legendary British racing driver James Hunt, according to a U.K. report. Executives at the star's DreamWorks studio are said to be signing up "Tormented" star Alex Pettyfer to play the driver in the lookback at Hunt's life.
A DreamWorks spokesperson says, "I can confirm there are plans for a James Hunt film to be made." A source tells Britain's Sunday Express, "Negotiations are very advanced and a deal is very close for the film on James Hunt. This is a fantastic story about a very charismatic figure and has all the elements of a great film. Hunt was quite a character."
Womanizer Hunt became the Formula One champion in 1976 but was left devastated two years later when his pal Ronnie Petersen died during the Italian Grand Prix. Hunt passed away in 1993 after suffering a heart attack.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri