Steven Spielberg Working on Racing Driver James Hunt Biopic
Steven Spielberg is working on a new movie biopic of legendary British racing driver James Hunt, according to a U.K. report. Executives at the star's DreamWorks studio are said to be signing up "Tormented" star Alex Pettyfer to play the driver in the lookback at Hunt's life.
A DreamWorks spokesperson says, "I can confirm there are plans for a James Hunt film to be made." A source tells Britain's Sunday Express, "Negotiations are very advanced and a deal is very close for the film on James Hunt. This is a fantastic story about a very charismatic figure and has all the elements of a great film. Hunt was quite a character."
Womanizer Hunt became the Formula One champion in 1976 but was left devastated two years later when his pal Ronnie Petersen died during the Italian Grand Prix. Hunt passed away in 1993 after suffering a heart attack.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'