Steven Spielberg Working on Racing Driver James Hunt Biopic
Steven Spielberg is working on a new movie biopic of legendary British racing driver James Hunt, according to a U.K. report. Executives at the star's DreamWorks studio are said to be signing up "Tormented" star Alex Pettyfer to play the driver in the lookback at Hunt's life.
A DreamWorks spokesperson says, "I can confirm there are plans for a James Hunt film to be made." A source tells Britain's Sunday Express, "Negotiations are very advanced and a deal is very close for the film on James Hunt. This is a fantastic story about a very charismatic figure and has all the elements of a great film. Hunt was quite a character."
Womanizer Hunt became the Formula One champion in 1976 but was left devastated two years later when his pal Ronnie Petersen died during the Italian Grand Prix. Hunt passed away in 1993 after suffering a heart attack.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'