Steven Spielberg Working on Racing Driver James Hunt Biopic
Steven Spielberg is working on a new movie biopic of legendary British racing driver James Hunt, according to a U.K. report. Executives at the star's DreamWorks studio are said to be signing up "Tormented" star Alex Pettyfer to play the driver in the lookback at Hunt's life.
A DreamWorks spokesperson says, "I can confirm there are plans for a James Hunt film to be made." A source tells Britain's Sunday Express, "Negotiations are very advanced and a deal is very close for the film on James Hunt. This is a fantastic story about a very charismatic figure and has all the elements of a great film. Hunt was quite a character."
Womanizer Hunt became the Formula One champion in 1976 but was left devastated two years later when his pal Ronnie Petersen died during the Italian Grand Prix. Hunt passed away in 1993 after suffering a heart attack.
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'