Joan Collins Saddened by Skinny Stars in Magazines and on TV
Veteran actress Joan Collins hates seeing skinny stars in the spotlight because she knows "the pain" they go through to slim down. The "Dynasty" star admits she once ate just 850 calories a day to lose the pounds for a movie role, but she is saddened to see "excessively thin" celebrities dieting to achieve slim figures to make it in Hollywood.
She tells Britain's Sunday Express, "What dismays me... is the emphasis now on women who are excessively thin, both in magazines and on TV. I think that is terrifying. I know a producer who, when there were two actresses up for the same role, and one was a little heavier about the hips, said, 'No, she's too fat' even though she was much better for the part."
"It's impossible, if you're over 25 or 30, trying to get down to be extremely thin. I still remember the pain of slimming down for a film when I was in my 40s, when I had to subsist on a meager 850 calories a day. I could still do it; a couple of boiled eggs, a tablespoon of tuna, quite a lot of lettuce and a tomato. Anyone can do it but why should they? Life is too short and food is too good."
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters