Joan Collins Saddened by Skinny Stars in Magazines and on TV
Veteran actress Joan Collins hates seeing skinny stars in the spotlight because she knows "the pain" they go through to slim down. The "Dynasty" star admits she once ate just 850 calories a day to lose the pounds for a movie role, but she is saddened to see "excessively thin" celebrities dieting to achieve slim figures to make it in Hollywood.
She tells Britain's Sunday Express, "What dismays me... is the emphasis now on women who are excessively thin, both in magazines and on TV. I think that is terrifying. I know a producer who, when there were two actresses up for the same role, and one was a little heavier about the hips, said, 'No, she's too fat' even though she was much better for the part."
"It's impossible, if you're over 25 or 30, trying to get down to be extremely thin. I still remember the pain of slimming down for a film when I was in my 40s, when I had to subsist on a meager 850 calories a day. I could still do it; a couple of boiled eggs, a tablespoon of tuna, quite a lot of lettuce and a tomato. Anyone can do it but why should they? Life is too short and food is too good."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March