Kanye West's Rep: Media Trainer Did Not Quit After Just a Week
A representative for Kanye West has blasted reports the rapper's newly hired media trainer quit after just one week because of the star's headline-making interview on America's "Today" show. West sat down with TV newsman Matt Lauer last week to reply to former U.S. president George Bush's claims that when the "Stronger" hitmaker accused him of being racist it was the "most disgusting" moment of his presidency.
But even before the program was aired, West took to his Twitter.com page and lashed out at Lauer - insisting the interview left him feeling "alone, used and tortured". The feud escalated when West subsequently scrapped a planned New York performance for the show, which was due to take place later this month.
According to the New York Post, the hip-hop star hired high-powered PR executive Susie Arons to help him handle the interview, and ignored her initial pleas to scrap the appearance altogether. A source tells the newspaper the pair was "huddled" in between TV takes "because he (West) still hadn't found a way to express himself", and the subsequent fallout prompted Arons to quit her job just days later. However, a spokesperson for the rapper has dismissed the allegations, branding the story "malicious and clearly manufactured".
More Kanye West News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'