Kanye West's Rep: Media Trainer Did Not Quit After Just a Week
A representative for Kanye West has blasted reports the rapper's newly hired media trainer quit after just one week because of the star's headline-making interview on America's "Today" show. West sat down with TV newsman Matt Lauer last week to reply to former U.S. president George Bush's claims that when the "Stronger" hitmaker accused him of being racist it was the "most disgusting" moment of his presidency.
But even before the program was aired, West took to his Twitter.com page and lashed out at Lauer - insisting the interview left him feeling "alone, used and tortured". The feud escalated when West subsequently scrapped a planned New York performance for the show, which was due to take place later this month.
According to the New York Post, the hip-hop star hired high-powered PR executive Susie Arons to help him handle the interview, and ignored her initial pleas to scrap the appearance altogether. A source tells the newspaper the pair was "huddled" in between TV takes "because he (West) still hadn't found a way to express himself", and the subsequent fallout prompted Arons to quit her job just days later. However, a spokesperson for the rapper has dismissed the allegations, branding the story "malicious and clearly manufactured".
More Kanye West News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour