Kanye West's Rep: Media Trainer Did Not Quit After Just a Week
A representative for Kanye West has blasted reports the rapper's newly hired media trainer quit after just one week because of the star's headline-making interview on America's "Today" show. West sat down with TV newsman Matt Lauer last week to reply to former U.S. president George Bush's claims that when the "Stronger" hitmaker accused him of being racist it was the "most disgusting" moment of his presidency.
But even before the program was aired, West took to his Twitter.com page and lashed out at Lauer - insisting the interview left him feeling "alone, used and tortured". The feud escalated when West subsequently scrapped a planned New York performance for the show, which was due to take place later this month.
According to the New York Post, the hip-hop star hired high-powered PR executive Susie Arons to help him handle the interview, and ignored her initial pleas to scrap the appearance altogether. A source tells the newspaper the pair was "huddled" in between TV takes "because he (West) still hadn't found a way to express himself", and the subsequent fallout prompted Arons to quit her job just days later. However, a spokesperson for the rapper has dismissed the allegations, branding the story "malicious and clearly manufactured".
More Kanye West News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'