Kanye West's Rep: Media Trainer Did Not Quit After Just a Week
A representative for Kanye West has blasted reports the rapper's newly hired media trainer quit after just one week because of the star's headline-making interview on America's "Today" show. West sat down with TV newsman Matt Lauer last week to reply to former U.S. president George Bush's claims that when the "Stronger" hitmaker accused him of being racist it was the "most disgusting" moment of his presidency.
But even before the program was aired, West took to his Twitter.com page and lashed out at Lauer - insisting the interview left him feeling "alone, used and tortured". The feud escalated when West subsequently scrapped a planned New York performance for the show, which was due to take place later this month.
According to the New York Post, the hip-hop star hired high-powered PR executive Susie Arons to help him handle the interview, and ignored her initial pleas to scrap the appearance altogether. A source tells the newspaper the pair was "huddled" in between TV takes "because he (West) still hadn't found a way to express himself", and the subsequent fallout prompted Arons to quit her job just days later. However, a spokesperson for the rapper has dismissed the allegations, branding the story "malicious and clearly manufactured".
More Kanye West News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake