Julie Walters Shocked at Her Natural Hair Color
Veteran British actress Julie Walters was stunned when her hair grew back after shaving it to portray politician Mo Mowlam - because she had no idea what her natural color was. The "Mamma Mia!" star has dyed her hair red for decades, but cut her locks off to play the late Northern Ireland Secretary of State in a TV biopic, which screened in the U.K. earlier this year.
Walters admits it was a "very odd" experience being bald and she resorted to wearing a wig. The actress was shocked when her hair grew back gray - but she likes the color so much, she's keeping it. She says, "I would never have known what color it was - I've always dyed it. It's only when I shaved it for Mo Mowlam... that was a real shock."
"It was really weird. I looked like all my mother's male relatives. Not attractive. It was very odd. Your head's not the shape you expect it to be, the bumps and all of that. I had to wear this awful acrylic wig."
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role