Julie Walters Shocked at Her Natural Hair Color
Veteran British actress Julie Walters was stunned when her hair grew back after shaving it to portray politician Mo Mowlam - because she had no idea what her natural color was. The "Mamma Mia!" star has dyed her hair red for decades, but cut her locks off to play the late Northern Ireland Secretary of State in a TV biopic, which screened in the U.K. earlier this year.
Walters admits it was a "very odd" experience being bald and she resorted to wearing a wig. The actress was shocked when her hair grew back gray - but she likes the color so much, she's keeping it. She says, "I would never have known what color it was - I've always dyed it. It's only when I shaved it for Mo Mowlam... that was a real shock."
"It was really weird. I looked like all my mother's male relatives. Not attractive. It was very odd. Your head's not the shape you expect it to be, the bumps and all of that. I had to wear this awful acrylic wig."
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'