Julie Walters Shocked at Her Natural Hair Color
Veteran British actress Julie Walters was stunned when her hair grew back after shaving it to portray politician Mo Mowlam - because she had no idea what her natural color was. The "Mamma Mia!" star has dyed her hair red for decades, but cut her locks off to play the late Northern Ireland Secretary of State in a TV biopic, which screened in the U.K. earlier this year.
Walters admits it was a "very odd" experience being bald and she resorted to wearing a wig. The actress was shocked when her hair grew back gray - but she likes the color so much, she's keeping it. She says, "I would never have known what color it was - I've always dyed it. It's only when I shaved it for Mo Mowlam... that was a real shock."
"It was really weird. I looked like all my mother's male relatives. Not attractive. It was very odd. Your head's not the shape you expect it to be, the bumps and all of that. I had to wear this awful acrylic wig."
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3