Julie Walters Shocked at Her Natural Hair Color
Veteran British actress Julie Walters was stunned when her hair grew back after shaving it to portray politician Mo Mowlam - because she had no idea what her natural color was. The "Mamma Mia!" star has dyed her hair red for decades, but cut her locks off to play the late Northern Ireland Secretary of State in a TV biopic, which screened in the U.K. earlier this year.
Walters admits it was a "very odd" experience being bald and she resorted to wearing a wig. The actress was shocked when her hair grew back gray - but she likes the color so much, she's keeping it. She says, "I would never have known what color it was - I've always dyed it. It's only when I shaved it for Mo Mowlam... that was a real shock."
"It was really weird. I looked like all my mother's male relatives. Not attractive. It was very odd. Your head's not the shape you expect it to be, the bumps and all of that. I had to wear this awful acrylic wig."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son