Tracy Morgan's Comedy Career Protected Him From Childhood Bullying
Tracy Morgan credits his comedy career with enduring years of childhood torment - because he fought off bullies by making them laugh. The "30 Rock" star grew up in a rough part of Queens, New York, and admits he was subject to harsh jibes from neighborhood bullies, who teased the actor and his disabled brother.
But Morgan soon learned how to use his comedy values to his advantage - and it fast became an effective "defense mechanism". He explains, "My oldest brother was born crippled. Sometimes kids can be mean so I couldn't go get my big brother - he was crippled. I would make the bullies laugh to keep them off of me."
"When you grow up in the tough part of town, when you're the funny guy you become protected."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3