Tracy Morgan's Comedy Career Protected Him From Childhood Bullying
Tracy Morgan credits his comedy career with enduring years of childhood torment - because he fought off bullies by making them laugh. The "30 Rock" star grew up in a rough part of Queens, New York, and admits he was subject to harsh jibes from neighborhood bullies, who teased the actor and his disabled brother.
But Morgan soon learned how to use his comedy values to his advantage - and it fast became an effective "defense mechanism". He explains, "My oldest brother was born crippled. Sometimes kids can be mean so I couldn't go get my big brother - he was crippled. I would make the bullies laugh to keep them off of me."
"When you grow up in the tough part of town, when you're the funny guy you become protected."
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert