Tracy Morgan's Comedy Career Protected Him From Childhood Bullying
Tracy Morgan credits his comedy career with enduring years of childhood torment - because he fought off bullies by making them laugh. The "30 Rock" star grew up in a rough part of Queens, New York, and admits he was subject to harsh jibes from neighborhood bullies, who teased the actor and his disabled brother.
But Morgan soon learned how to use his comedy values to his advantage - and it fast became an effective "defense mechanism". He explains, "My oldest brother was born crippled. Sometimes kids can be mean so I couldn't go get my big brother - he was crippled. I would make the bullies laugh to keep them off of me."
"When you grow up in the tough part of town, when you're the funny guy you become protected."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked