Sugarland's Royalty Battle With Ex-Member Settled
Sugarland stars Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush have reached an out-of-court settlement with former bandmate Kristen Hall over an ongoing royalties battle. Founder member Hall quit the trio in 2006 and filed a lawsuit against the remaining members two years later, claiming she is owed $14 million for helping to launch the group.
The legal case was set to be heard in an Atlanta, Georgia federal court on Monday, November 15 - but the trio has avoided a public showdown by settling the dispute on Frida, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Terms of the settlement have not been disclosed.
Despite the legal case, Sugarland as a duo has continued to thrive in the music industry. They were recently named Top Vocalist Duo of the Year at 2010 CMA Music Awards. This is their fourth consecutive win.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars