Sugarland's Royalty Battle With Ex-Member Settled
Sugarland stars Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush have reached an out-of-court settlement with former bandmate Kristen Hall over an ongoing royalties battle. Founder member Hall quit the trio in 2006 and filed a lawsuit against the remaining members two years later, claiming she is owed $14 million for helping to launch the group.
The legal case was set to be heard in an Atlanta, Georgia federal court on Monday, November 15 - but the trio has avoided a public showdown by settling the dispute on Frida, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Terms of the settlement have not been disclosed.
Despite the legal case, Sugarland as a duo has continued to thrive in the music industry. They were recently named Top Vocalist Duo of the Year at 2010 CMA Music Awards. This is their fourth consecutive win.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers