Sugarland's Royalty Battle With Ex-Member Settled
Sugarland stars Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush have reached an out-of-court settlement with former bandmate Kristen Hall over an ongoing royalties battle. Founder member Hall quit the trio in 2006 and filed a lawsuit against the remaining members two years later, claiming she is owed $14 million for helping to launch the group.
The legal case was set to be heard in an Atlanta, Georgia federal court on Monday, November 15 - but the trio has avoided a public showdown by settling the dispute on Frida, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Terms of the settlement have not been disclosed.
Despite the legal case, Sugarland as a duo has continued to thrive in the music industry. They were recently named Top Vocalist Duo of the Year at 2010 CMA Music Awards. This is their fourth consecutive win.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics