Sugarland's Royalty Battle With Ex-Member Settled
Sugarland stars Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush have reached an out-of-court settlement with former bandmate Kristen Hall over an ongoing royalties battle. Founder member Hall quit the trio in 2006 and filed a lawsuit against the remaining members two years later, claiming she is owed $14 million for helping to launch the group.
The legal case was set to be heard in an Atlanta, Georgia federal court on Monday, November 15 - but the trio has avoided a public showdown by settling the dispute on Frida, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Terms of the settlement have not been disclosed.
Despite the legal case, Sugarland as a duo has continued to thrive in the music industry. They were recently named Top Vocalist Duo of the Year at 2010 CMA Music Awards. This is their fourth consecutive win.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App