Sugarland's Royalty Battle With Ex-Member Settled
Sugarland stars Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush have reached an out-of-court settlement with former bandmate Kristen Hall over an ongoing royalties battle. Founder member Hall quit the trio in 2006 and filed a lawsuit against the remaining members two years later, claiming she is owed $14 million for helping to launch the group.
The legal case was set to be heard in an Atlanta, Georgia federal court on Monday, November 15 - but the trio has avoided a public showdown by settling the dispute on Frida, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Terms of the settlement have not been disclosed.
Despite the legal case, Sugarland as a duo has continued to thrive in the music industry. They were recently named Top Vocalist Duo of the Year at 2010 CMA Music Awards. This is their fourth consecutive win.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer