Natalie Portman's Drastic Weight Loss Scared 'Black Swan' Director
Director Darren Aronofsky became so worried about Natalie Portman's weight loss on the set of new movie "Black Swan" he begged the skinny actress to "start eating" and filled her trailer with food. The "Closer" star spent months training for the role of a troubled ballerina in the upcoming drama and she slimmed right down as she attempted to gain a dancer's slender frame.
Aronofsky admits he was terrified when he saw Portman's drastic weight loss and spent the shoot encouraging her to eat. He tells Access Hollywood, "(Portman) took (the role) very seriously. These dancers get really, really skinny... At a certain point I looked at (her) back and she was so skinny and so... I was like, 'Natalie, start eating.' I made sure she had a bunch of food in her trailer."
And Portman reveals she was happy to ditch the diet as soon as filming wrapped, adding, "The (day after the shoot ended) I was like, pasta, pasta, pasta! No working out. It was pretty immediate. I was ready to leave the ballet life. I was like, 'Please don't let there be re-shoots for this because I don't think I could get back into the costumes!'"
More Natalie Portman News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed