Natalie Portman's Drastic Weight Loss Scared 'Black Swan' Director
Director Darren Aronofsky became so worried about Natalie Portman's weight loss on the set of new movie "Black Swan" he begged the skinny actress to "start eating" and filled her trailer with food. The "Closer" star spent months training for the role of a troubled ballerina in the upcoming drama and she slimmed right down as she attempted to gain a dancer's slender frame.
Aronofsky admits he was terrified when he saw Portman's drastic weight loss and spent the shoot encouraging her to eat. He tells Access Hollywood, "(Portman) took (the role) very seriously. These dancers get really, really skinny... At a certain point I looked at (her) back and she was so skinny and so... I was like, 'Natalie, start eating.' I made sure she had a bunch of food in her trailer."
And Portman reveals she was happy to ditch the diet as soon as filming wrapped, adding, "The (day after the shoot ended) I was like, pasta, pasta, pasta! No working out. It was pretty immediate. I was ready to leave the ballet life. I was like, 'Please don't let there be re-shoots for this because I don't think I could get back into the costumes!'"
More Natalie Portman News
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'