Natalie Portman's Drastic Weight Loss Scared 'Black Swan' Director
Director Darren Aronofsky became so worried about Natalie Portman's weight loss on the set of new movie "Black Swan" he begged the skinny actress to "start eating" and filled her trailer with food. The "Closer" star spent months training for the role of a troubled ballerina in the upcoming drama and she slimmed right down as she attempted to gain a dancer's slender frame.
Aronofsky admits he was terrified when he saw Portman's drastic weight loss and spent the shoot encouraging her to eat. He tells Access Hollywood, "(Portman) took (the role) very seriously. These dancers get really, really skinny... At a certain point I looked at (her) back and she was so skinny and so... I was like, 'Natalie, start eating.' I made sure she had a bunch of food in her trailer."
And Portman reveals she was happy to ditch the diet as soon as filming wrapped, adding, "The (day after the shoot ended) I was like, pasta, pasta, pasta! No working out. It was pretty immediate. I was ready to leave the ballet life. I was like, 'Please don't let there be re-shoots for this because I don't think I could get back into the costumes!'"
More Natalie Portman News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer