Natalie Portman's Drastic Weight Loss Scared 'Black Swan' Director
Director Darren Aronofsky became so worried about Natalie Portman's weight loss on the set of new movie "Black Swan" he begged the skinny actress to "start eating" and filled her trailer with food. The "Closer" star spent months training for the role of a troubled ballerina in the upcoming drama and she slimmed right down as she attempted to gain a dancer's slender frame.
Aronofsky admits he was terrified when he saw Portman's drastic weight loss and spent the shoot encouraging her to eat. He tells Access Hollywood, "(Portman) took (the role) very seriously. These dancers get really, really skinny... At a certain point I looked at (her) back and she was so skinny and so... I was like, 'Natalie, start eating.' I made sure she had a bunch of food in her trailer."
And Portman reveals she was happy to ditch the diet as soon as filming wrapped, adding, "The (day after the shoot ended) I was like, pasta, pasta, pasta! No working out. It was pretty immediate. I was ready to leave the ballet life. I was like, 'Please don't let there be re-shoots for this because I don't think I could get back into the costumes!'"
More Natalie Portman News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says