Leonardo DiCaprio's Attacker Alters Not Guilty Plea for Shorter Jail Time
A woman accused of slashing Leonardo DiCaprio's face with a broken bottle in 2005 will serve two years in jail after pleading no contest to the charge. Aretha Wilson initially pleaded not guilty to a felony count for assault with a deadly weapon.
Reports suggested she mistook the "Titanic" actor for a former boyfriend when she approached him at the Hollywood party. However, she returned to Los Angeles County criminal court on Friday, November 12 and altered her plea, and she is now expected to serve two years behind bars before being deported back to her native Canada.
Wilson had previously faced up to seven years in jail if convicted for the crime.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard