Mel Gibson Surrendered an Arsenal of Weapons in Summer
Mel Gibson surrendered an arsenal of weapons to police this summer after ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva filed for a restraining order against the star amid allegations of domestic violence. Grigorieva obtained the protective order against Gibson in June, two months after the couple split, claiming she feared for her life after he reportedly physically assaulted her.
Court documents from July, obtained by TMZ.com, show Judge Scott Gordon ordered Gibson to surrender several weapons to the Los Angeles Police Department as a result of her allegations. The order to surrender, dated July 15, is standard procedure when domestic violence is alleged.
According to the legal papers, Gibson surrendered two 9 millimeter semi-automatic handguns, a rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun, as well as a number of magazines and cases for the weapons. Gibson and Grigorieva have been locked in a bitter custody battle for their baby daughter Lucia since the split in April.
More Mel Gibson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris