Mel Gibson Surrendered an Arsenal of Weapons in Summer
Mel Gibson surrendered an arsenal of weapons to police this summer after ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva filed for a restraining order against the star amid allegations of domestic violence. Grigorieva obtained the protective order against Gibson in June, two months after the couple split, claiming she feared for her life after he reportedly physically assaulted her.
Court documents from July, obtained by TMZ.com, show Judge Scott Gordon ordered Gibson to surrender several weapons to the Los Angeles Police Department as a result of her allegations. The order to surrender, dated July 15, is standard procedure when domestic violence is alleged.
According to the legal papers, Gibson surrendered two 9 millimeter semi-automatic handguns, a rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun, as well as a number of magazines and cases for the weapons. Gibson and Grigorieva have been locked in a bitter custody battle for their baby daughter Lucia since the split in April.
More Mel Gibson News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival