Mel Gibson Surrendered an Arsenal of Weapons in Summer
Mel Gibson surrendered an arsenal of weapons to police this summer after ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva filed for a restraining order against the star amid allegations of domestic violence. Grigorieva obtained the protective order against Gibson in June, two months after the couple split, claiming she feared for her life after he reportedly physically assaulted her.
Court documents from July, obtained by TMZ.com, show Judge Scott Gordon ordered Gibson to surrender several weapons to the Los Angeles Police Department as a result of her allegations. The order to surrender, dated July 15, is standard procedure when domestic violence is alleged.
According to the legal papers, Gibson surrendered two 9 millimeter semi-automatic handguns, a rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun, as well as a number of magazines and cases for the weapons. Gibson and Grigorieva have been locked in a bitter custody battle for their baby daughter Lucia since the split in April.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'