Mel Gibson Surrendered an Arsenal of Weapons in Summer
Mel Gibson surrendered an arsenal of weapons to police this summer after ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva filed for a restraining order against the star amid allegations of domestic violence. Grigorieva obtained the protective order against Gibson in June, two months after the couple split, claiming she feared for her life after he reportedly physically assaulted her.
Court documents from July, obtained by TMZ.com, show Judge Scott Gordon ordered Gibson to surrender several weapons to the Los Angeles Police Department as a result of her allegations. The order to surrender, dated July 15, is standard procedure when domestic violence is alleged.
According to the legal papers, Gibson surrendered two 9 millimeter semi-automatic handguns, a rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun, as well as a number of magazines and cases for the weapons. Gibson and Grigorieva have been locked in a bitter custody battle for their baby daughter Lucia since the split in April.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star