The Who, Jeff Beck and More Doing Cancer Charity Concert
The Who are teaming up with Debbie Harry, Richard Ashcroft and Jeff Beck to put on a charity concert to raise funds for a pioneering new cancer treatment. Legendary promoter Harvey Goldsmith and The Who's manager Bill Curbishley have organized the gig at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo in January 2011 to help U.K. charity Killing Cancer.
Proceeds from ticket sales will go towards funding the installation of groundbreaking light therapy lasers in British hospitals. And Goldsmith admits the cause is close to his heart following the recent death of his beloved mother.
He says, "I lost my mother to cancer in the past 12 months. I saw how she struggled but finally lost the fight. The funds Bill, myself and some great friends in the business have already pledged, is giving pancreatic cancer patients real hope".
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016