The Who, Jeff Beck and More Doing Cancer Charity Concert
The Who are teaming up with Debbie Harry, Richard Ashcroft and Jeff Beck to put on a charity concert to raise funds for a pioneering new cancer treatment. Legendary promoter Harvey Goldsmith and The Who's manager Bill Curbishley have organized the gig at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo in January 2011 to help U.K. charity Killing Cancer.
Proceeds from ticket sales will go towards funding the installation of groundbreaking light therapy lasers in British hospitals. And Goldsmith admits the cause is close to his heart following the recent death of his beloved mother.
He says, "I lost my mother to cancer in the past 12 months. I saw how she struggled but finally lost the fight. The funds Bill, myself and some great friends in the business have already pledged, is giving pancreatic cancer patients real hope".
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection