The Who, Jeff Beck and More Doing Cancer Charity Concert
The Who are teaming up with Debbie Harry, Richard Ashcroft and Jeff Beck to put on a charity concert to raise funds for a pioneering new cancer treatment. Legendary promoter Harvey Goldsmith and The Who's manager Bill Curbishley have organized the gig at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo in January 2011 to help U.K. charity Killing Cancer.
Proceeds from ticket sales will go towards funding the installation of groundbreaking light therapy lasers in British hospitals. And Goldsmith admits the cause is close to his heart following the recent death of his beloved mother.
He says, "I lost my mother to cancer in the past 12 months. I saw how she struggled but finally lost the fight. The funds Bill, myself and some great friends in the business have already pledged, is giving pancreatic cancer patients real hope".
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer