The Who, Jeff Beck and More Doing Cancer Charity Concert
The Who are teaming up with Debbie Harry, Richard Ashcroft and Jeff Beck to put on a charity concert to raise funds for a pioneering new cancer treatment. Legendary promoter Harvey Goldsmith and The Who's manager Bill Curbishley have organized the gig at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo in January 2011 to help U.K. charity Killing Cancer.
Proceeds from ticket sales will go towards funding the installation of groundbreaking light therapy lasers in British hospitals. And Goldsmith admits the cause is close to his heart following the recent death of his beloved mother.
He says, "I lost my mother to cancer in the past 12 months. I saw how she struggled but finally lost the fight. The funds Bill, myself and some great friends in the business have already pledged, is giving pancreatic cancer patients real hope".
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered