Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto Among 2010 Bambi Winners
Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto were among the big winners at the Bambi Awards in Germany on Thursday night, November 11. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor was honored for his philanthropy at the event, held in Potsdam, Germany, which celebrates stars "who affected and inspired the German public that year."
Bloom was handed the Charity Bambi Award for his work with the United Nations' UNICEF organization, telling the crowd, "I've fallen in love with your country." Meanwhile, Gossip singer Ditto picked up the trophy for Best Pop International during the ceremony, which was hosted by Hollywood actress Sarah Jessica Parker.
The "Sex and the City" star stunned the audience with three dress changes during the show, while Shakira wowed with a performance of her hit song "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", before she was presented with her own Golden Deer trophy.
German rock star Udo Lindenberg picked up the Lifetime Achievement Award, while a rare posthumous prize was awarded to late controversial director Christoph Schlingensief, who died of lung cancer in August.
More Orlando Bloom News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?