Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto Among 2010 Bambi Winners
Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto were among the big winners at the Bambi Awards in Germany on Thursday night, November 11. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor was honored for his philanthropy at the event, held in Potsdam, Germany, which celebrates stars "who affected and inspired the German public that year."
Bloom was handed the Charity Bambi Award for his work with the United Nations' UNICEF organization, telling the crowd, "I've fallen in love with your country." Meanwhile, Gossip singer Ditto picked up the trophy for Best Pop International during the ceremony, which was hosted by Hollywood actress Sarah Jessica Parker.
The "Sex and the City" star stunned the audience with three dress changes during the show, while Shakira wowed with a performance of her hit song "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", before she was presented with her own Golden Deer trophy.
German rock star Udo Lindenberg picked up the Lifetime Achievement Award, while a rare posthumous prize was awarded to late controversial director Christoph Schlingensief, who died of lung cancer in August.
More Orlando Bloom News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child