Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto Among 2010 Bambi Winners
Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto were among the big winners at the Bambi Awards in Germany on Thursday night, November 11. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor was honored for his philanthropy at the event, held in Potsdam, Germany, which celebrates stars "who affected and inspired the German public that year."
Bloom was handed the Charity Bambi Award for his work with the United Nations' UNICEF organization, telling the crowd, "I've fallen in love with your country." Meanwhile, Gossip singer Ditto picked up the trophy for Best Pop International during the ceremony, which was hosted by Hollywood actress Sarah Jessica Parker.
The "Sex and the City" star stunned the audience with three dress changes during the show, while Shakira wowed with a performance of her hit song "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", before she was presented with her own Golden Deer trophy.
German rock star Udo Lindenberg picked up the Lifetime Achievement Award, while a rare posthumous prize was awarded to late controversial director Christoph Schlingensief, who died of lung cancer in August.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday