Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto Among 2010 Bambi Winners
Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto were among the big winners at the Bambi Awards in Germany on Thursday night, November 11. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor was honored for his philanthropy at the event, held in Potsdam, Germany, which celebrates stars "who affected and inspired the German public that year."
Bloom was handed the Charity Bambi Award for his work with the United Nations' UNICEF organization, telling the crowd, "I've fallen in love with your country." Meanwhile, Gossip singer Ditto picked up the trophy for Best Pop International during the ceremony, which was hosted by Hollywood actress Sarah Jessica Parker.
The "Sex and the City" star stunned the audience with three dress changes during the show, while Shakira wowed with a performance of her hit song "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", before she was presented with her own Golden Deer trophy.
German rock star Udo Lindenberg picked up the Lifetime Achievement Award, while a rare posthumous prize was awarded to late controversial director Christoph Schlingensief, who died of lung cancer in August.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...