Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto Among 2010 Bambi Winners
Orlando Bloom and Beth Ditto were among the big winners at the Bambi Awards in Germany on Thursday night, November 11. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor was honored for his philanthropy at the event, held in Potsdam, Germany, which celebrates stars "who affected and inspired the German public that year."
Bloom was handed the Charity Bambi Award for his work with the United Nations' UNICEF organization, telling the crowd, "I've fallen in love with your country." Meanwhile, Gossip singer Ditto picked up the trophy for Best Pop International during the ceremony, which was hosted by Hollywood actress Sarah Jessica Parker.
The "Sex and the City" star stunned the audience with three dress changes during the show, while Shakira wowed with a performance of her hit song "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", before she was presented with her own Golden Deer trophy.
German rock star Udo Lindenberg picked up the Lifetime Achievement Award, while a rare posthumous prize was awarded to late controversial director Christoph Schlingensief, who died of lung cancer in August.
More Orlando Bloom News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna