Michael Cera Talks Rapping Experience With Too Short
"Superbad" star Michael Cera can now add rapper to his resume after joining Too Short onstage to perform an unlikely collaboration at the hip-hop star's recent show in Los Angeles. The geeky actor reveals he was invited to hit the stage with his movie pal Clark Duke at Too Short's Key Club concert last Saturday, November 6 after the rapper learned the pair was big fans of his song "2 B**ches".
Cera says, "I rapped with Too Short. A friend of mine, Clark, and I always sang this song 2 B**ches... It's a graphic tale, basically. It's a detailed account of him taking one b**ch to a strip club, having her pick out a second, the second b**ch, and they go and you know, have sex, all three of them. You can imagine!"
But Cera almost missed out on his big rap break after a "nightmare" experience trying to get a ride to the club, which saw him accidentally leave his cell phone in a cab. He explains, "I got a text message from my friend saying, 'I'm with Short, we're about to go onstage, he's gonna let us sing 2 B**ches, and I was like, 'I'll be right there.' I was, as it happens, at a very important meeting, but I was like this was more important - I wasn't sitting around doing nothing..."
"I get in the cab and the guy says to me, 'I need to get some gas, can you hang with me or do you need to take another cab?' I said, 'Well I'm kind of in a hurry...' so I got out and I realize I left my phone in the car." The star managed to retrieve his phone after a manic chase to stop the cab, but the incident left him wheezing as he finally made it to the Too Short concert. He laughs, "I was catching my breath for an hour."
Video footage of Cera and "Hot Tub Time Machine" actor Duke's live rap debut has since emerged online.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars