Judge Scolds Paul Gascoigne for Going to Rehab Instead of Court
Former England soccer star Paul Gascoigne was scolded by a judge on Thursday, November 11 after he failed to appear in court - because he had checked into rehab. The troubled sportsman was due to face sentencing after he was caught drink-driving earlier this year skipped the hearing to seek treatment at a clinic in Bournemouth, England.
District Judge Stephen Earl ordered Gascoigne to appear at Newcastle Magistrates' Court in December, and warned he faces spending the holiday season in prison. The judge ranted, "He is not here because he has decided to put himself in for treatment - that's the bit that concerns me. Who's running the show? If he can attend there voluntarily, he can attend court voluntarily."
Gascoigne was arrested by police in February, along with his friend Michael Harvey, on suspicion of being drunk while in charge of a vehicle. Just a day later, the pair was arrested by cops once again for a public order offense in Darlington, north England. He also faces further punishment over his arrest for driving under the influence last month.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says