Judge Scolds Paul Gascoigne for Going to Rehab Instead of Court
Former England soccer star Paul Gascoigne was scolded by a judge on Thursday, November 11 after he failed to appear in court - because he had checked into rehab. The troubled sportsman was due to face sentencing after he was caught drink-driving earlier this year skipped the hearing to seek treatment at a clinic in Bournemouth, England.
District Judge Stephen Earl ordered Gascoigne to appear at Newcastle Magistrates' Court in December, and warned he faces spending the holiday season in prison. The judge ranted, "He is not here because he has decided to put himself in for treatment - that's the bit that concerns me. Who's running the show? If he can attend there voluntarily, he can attend court voluntarily."
Gascoigne was arrested by police in February, along with his friend Michael Harvey, on suspicion of being drunk while in charge of a vehicle. Just a day later, the pair was arrested by cops once again for a public order offense in Darlington, north England. He also faces further punishment over his arrest for driving under the influence last month.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date