Judge Scolds Paul Gascoigne for Going to Rehab Instead of Court
Former England soccer star Paul Gascoigne was scolded by a judge on Thursday, November 11 after he failed to appear in court - because he had checked into rehab. The troubled sportsman was due to face sentencing after he was caught drink-driving earlier this year skipped the hearing to seek treatment at a clinic in Bournemouth, England.
District Judge Stephen Earl ordered Gascoigne to appear at Newcastle Magistrates' Court in December, and warned he faces spending the holiday season in prison. The judge ranted, "He is not here because he has decided to put himself in for treatment - that's the bit that concerns me. Who's running the show? If he can attend there voluntarily, he can attend court voluntarily."
Gascoigne was arrested by police in February, along with his friend Michael Harvey, on suspicion of being drunk while in charge of a vehicle. Just a day later, the pair was arrested by cops once again for a public order offense in Darlington, north England. He also faces further punishment over his arrest for driving under the influence last month.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic