Judge Scolds Paul Gascoigne for Going to Rehab Instead of Court
Former England soccer star Paul Gascoigne was scolded by a judge on Thursday, November 11 after he failed to appear in court - because he had checked into rehab. The troubled sportsman was due to face sentencing after he was caught drink-driving earlier this year skipped the hearing to seek treatment at a clinic in Bournemouth, England.
District Judge Stephen Earl ordered Gascoigne to appear at Newcastle Magistrates' Court in December, and warned he faces spending the holiday season in prison. The judge ranted, "He is not here because he has decided to put himself in for treatment - that's the bit that concerns me. Who's running the show? If he can attend there voluntarily, he can attend court voluntarily."
Gascoigne was arrested by police in February, along with his friend Michael Harvey, on suspicion of being drunk while in charge of a vehicle. Just a day later, the pair was arrested by cops once again for a public order offense in Darlington, north England. He also faces further punishment over his arrest for driving under the influence last month.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart