David Frankel to Revive Paul Potts Biopic
"The Devil Wears Prada" director David Frankel has picked up a movie biopic about Simon Cowell's protege Paul Potts, after the project was axed earlier this year. Opera singer Potts shot to fame after winning the first series of U.K. reality TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2007 and Hollywood producers announced plans to take his story to the big screen.
The film was canceled earlier this year after they failed to find an actor to fill the lead role and Cowell subsequently dropped Potts from his SyCo label. But Frankel has decided to revive the project, entitled "One Chance", according to movie website TheWrap.
David Frankel's other directed movies include "Miami Rhapsody", "Dear Diary", "Just Like You Imagined", and "Marley & Me". The helmer won the Academy Awards for Best Live Action Short Film for his 1996 project "Dear Diary".
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event