David Frankel to Revive Paul Potts Biopic
"The Devil Wears Prada" director David Frankel has picked up a movie biopic about Simon Cowell's protege Paul Potts, after the project was axed earlier this year. Opera singer Potts shot to fame after winning the first series of U.K. reality TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2007 and Hollywood producers announced plans to take his story to the big screen.
The film was canceled earlier this year after they failed to find an actor to fill the lead role and Cowell subsequently dropped Potts from his SyCo label. But Frankel has decided to revive the project, entitled "One Chance", according to movie website TheWrap.
David Frankel's other directed movies include "Miami Rhapsody", "Dear Diary", "Just Like You Imagined", and "Marley & Me". The helmer won the Academy Awards for Best Live Action Short Film for his 1996 project "Dear Diary".
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development