David Frankel to Revive Paul Potts Biopic
"The Devil Wears Prada" director David Frankel has picked up a movie biopic about Simon Cowell's protege Paul Potts, after the project was axed earlier this year. Opera singer Potts shot to fame after winning the first series of U.K. reality TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2007 and Hollywood producers announced plans to take his story to the big screen.
The film was canceled earlier this year after they failed to find an actor to fill the lead role and Cowell subsequently dropped Potts from his SyCo label. But Frankel has decided to revive the project, entitled "One Chance", according to movie website TheWrap.
David Frankel's other directed movies include "Miami Rhapsody", "Dear Diary", "Just Like You Imagined", and "Marley & Me". The helmer won the Academy Awards for Best Live Action Short Film for his 1996 project "Dear Diary".
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns