David Frankel to Revive Paul Potts Biopic
"The Devil Wears Prada" director David Frankel has picked up a movie biopic about Simon Cowell's protege Paul Potts, after the project was axed earlier this year. Opera singer Potts shot to fame after winning the first series of U.K. reality TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2007 and Hollywood producers announced plans to take his story to the big screen.
The film was canceled earlier this year after they failed to find an actor to fill the lead role and Cowell subsequently dropped Potts from his SyCo label. But Frankel has decided to revive the project, entitled "One Chance", according to movie website TheWrap.
David Frankel's other directed movies include "Miami Rhapsody", "Dear Diary", "Just Like You Imagined", and "Marley & Me". The helmer won the Academy Awards for Best Live Action Short Film for his 1996 project "Dear Diary".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal