David Frankel to Revive Paul Potts Biopic
"The Devil Wears Prada" director David Frankel has picked up a movie biopic about Simon Cowell's protege Paul Potts, after the project was axed earlier this year. Opera singer Potts shot to fame after winning the first series of U.K. reality TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2007 and Hollywood producers announced plans to take his story to the big screen.
The film was canceled earlier this year after they failed to find an actor to fill the lead role and Cowell subsequently dropped Potts from his SyCo label. But Frankel has decided to revive the project, entitled "One Chance", according to movie website TheWrap.
David Frankel's other directed movies include "Miami Rhapsody", "Dear Diary", "Just Like You Imagined", and "Marley & Me". The helmer won the Academy Awards for Best Live Action Short Film for his 1996 project "Dear Diary".
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose