Jane Fonda Opens Up About Her Recent Breast Cancer Surgery
Hollywood icon Jane Fonda has revealed she recently underwent cancer surgery to remove a lump from her breast. The "Barbarella" star, who opened up about the health scare on Thursday, November 11, was having a routine check-up earlier this year when her doctor discovered a small tumor.
The growth turned out to be non-invasive and she was booked in for surgery a few weeks ago, reports Etonline.com. Fonda, 72, claims she is now cancer-free and has assured fans she is "fine" as she returns to work to promote her new "Primetime Fitness" DVDs, which are due for release later this month.
The veteran actress recently credited her healthy lifestyle with her general wellbeing, saying, "I'm careful about what I eat, I stay active, walk a lot. I have good genes."
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital