Jane Fonda Opens Up About Her Recent Breast Cancer Surgery
Hollywood icon Jane Fonda has revealed she recently underwent cancer surgery to remove a lump from her breast. The "Barbarella" star, who opened up about the health scare on Thursday, November 11, was having a routine check-up earlier this year when her doctor discovered a small tumor.
The growth turned out to be non-invasive and she was booked in for surgery a few weeks ago, reports Etonline.com. Fonda, 72, claims she is now cancer-free and has assured fans she is "fine" as she returns to work to promote her new "Primetime Fitness" DVDs, which are due for release later this month.
The veteran actress recently credited her healthy lifestyle with her general wellbeing, saying, "I'm careful about what I eat, I stay active, walk a lot. I have good genes."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie