MC Hammer Moves On From Jay-Z Feud
MC Hammer's recent feud with Jay-Z is over - the veteran rapper is keen to "move on" and put the public fallout in the past. The "U Can't Touch This" hitmaker pokes fun at Jay-Z in his video for new single "Better Run Run", with the song's lyrics labeling him an "impostor" who has stolen Hammer's "swagger".
The star is said to have made the promo in response to Jay-Z's mention of him in a new song with Kanye West called "So Appalled", in which he raps about Hammer's previous money problems. The hip-hop mogul later insisted the rapper took his lyrics "the wrong way".
MC Hammer has now declared he is keen to put the "tensions" behind him and has called on fans to forget about the incident. He tells AllHipHop.com, "As a responsible veteran of twenty-something years of this (hip-hop). I can't leave it out there with tensions."
"I am reading comments on both sides, it's not about that, I have seen all of that before. There is an opportunity to say at some point (that) we (should move) onto the next thing. You know, Jay took his shot and I answered. Now let's move on."
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'