MC Hammer Moves On From Jay-Z Feud
MC Hammer's recent feud with Jay-Z is over - the veteran rapper is keen to "move on" and put the public fallout in the past. The "U Can't Touch This" hitmaker pokes fun at Jay-Z in his video for new single "Better Run Run", with the song's lyrics labeling him an "impostor" who has stolen Hammer's "swagger".
The star is said to have made the promo in response to Jay-Z's mention of him in a new song with Kanye West called "So Appalled", in which he raps about Hammer's previous money problems. The hip-hop mogul later insisted the rapper took his lyrics "the wrong way".
MC Hammer has now declared he is keen to put the "tensions" behind him and has called on fans to forget about the incident. He tells AllHipHop.com, "As a responsible veteran of twenty-something years of this (hip-hop). I can't leave it out there with tensions."
"I am reading comments on both sides, it's not about that, I have seen all of that before. There is an opportunity to say at some point (that) we (should move) onto the next thing. You know, Jay took his shot and I answered. Now let's move on."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season