MC Hammer Moves On From Jay-Z Feud
MC Hammer's recent feud with Jay-Z is over - the veteran rapper is keen to "move on" and put the public fallout in the past. The "U Can't Touch This" hitmaker pokes fun at Jay-Z in his video for new single "Better Run Run", with the song's lyrics labeling him an "impostor" who has stolen Hammer's "swagger".
The star is said to have made the promo in response to Jay-Z's mention of him in a new song with Kanye West called "So Appalled", in which he raps about Hammer's previous money problems. The hip-hop mogul later insisted the rapper took his lyrics "the wrong way".
MC Hammer has now declared he is keen to put the "tensions" behind him and has called on fans to forget about the incident. He tells AllHipHop.com, "As a responsible veteran of twenty-something years of this (hip-hop). I can't leave it out there with tensions."
"I am reading comments on both sides, it's not about that, I have seen all of that before. There is an opportunity to say at some point (that) we (should move) onto the next thing. You know, Jay took his shot and I answered. Now let's move on."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake