Michael Lohan Talks Reunion With Daughter Lindsay
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael has spoken out for the first time since he was reunited with his troubled daughter in rehab, praising her progress and revealing they are taking steps to repair their relationship.
The actress, who has been in and out of jail and rehab this year, is currently serving out a three-month stint at California's Betty Ford clinic after failing two mandatory drug tests. She was rumoured to have reached out to her estranged father when he was spotted visiting the center on Sunday, November 7, and they fuelled speculation of a reunion when they enjoyed an outing to a movie theater together on Wednesday.
Michael Lohan has now confirmed they are making good progress in fixing their former family feud. He tells The R List blogger Jenn Hoffman, "I'm looking forward to seeing her again... The only problem is when you are in the public eye like we are, the entire relationship is under scrutiny so it's hard. It's harder for her... I know for a fact she's focusing on herself. I see it more now than ever."
And Lohan is adamant his daughter will be able to revive her flagging movie career once she kicks her addictions. He adds, "She's gifted... (She just needs to stay) on the track she is now and focusing on being Lindsay. That's it."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'