Michael Lohan Talks Reunion With Daughter Lindsay
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael has spoken out for the first time since he was reunited with his troubled daughter in rehab, praising her progress and revealing they are taking steps to repair their relationship.
The actress, who has been in and out of jail and rehab this year, is currently serving out a three-month stint at California's Betty Ford clinic after failing two mandatory drug tests. She was rumoured to have reached out to her estranged father when he was spotted visiting the center on Sunday, November 7, and they fuelled speculation of a reunion when they enjoyed an outing to a movie theater together on Wednesday.
Michael Lohan has now confirmed they are making good progress in fixing their former family feud. He tells The R List blogger Jenn Hoffman, "I'm looking forward to seeing her again... The only problem is when you are in the public eye like we are, the entire relationship is under scrutiny so it's hard. It's harder for her... I know for a fact she's focusing on herself. I see it more now than ever."
And Lohan is adamant his daughter will be able to revive her flagging movie career once she kicks her addictions. He adds, "She's gifted... (She just needs to stay) on the track she is now and focusing on being Lindsay. That's it."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama