'Mike and Molly' Star Trying 'Crazy' Diet to Lose Weight
"Mike & Molly" star Billy Gardell is set to embark on a healthy new lifestyle - he's ready to lose weight and keep it off for good. In the new TV hit, Gardell plays an overweight cop desperate to shed some pounds - and the actor admits he wants to do the same in real life, after tipping the scales at 350 pounds.
But the heavyweight star has vowed to take his time with the challenge after several failed attempts at fad diets. He tells KnoxNews.com, "I think (TV bosses) will let us drop some weight if we choose to. I think I am at that place, healthwise... I'm 40. I have pushed this long enough."
"I have learned slow is better for me. I have tried every crazy (kind) of diet, and it works for two or three weeks then I snap. Now that I am making a little bit more money, I might get myself a nutritionist, maybe a trainer, and take it a step at a time."
Gardell hit the headlines last month after a Marie Claire journalist published a controversial online article ranting about the sitcom's overweight stars.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia