Rep Denies Keith Richards Smacked a Journalist
Keith Richards showed his feisty temper to a critic who once gave The Rolling Stones a bad review by allegedly smacking him in the head at a hotel in Paris, France on Tuesday, November 9. The guitarist spent 10 minutes chatting to Markus Larsson before remembering the Swedish journalist had called the band "amateurs" in 2007 and gave their concert in Gothenburg, Sweden two out of five stars.
According to Spinner.com, which quotes an article in Sweden's Aftonbladets, Richards demanded an apology for the poor rating before getting into an argument with the writer. The publication claims, "The meeting ended with the rock star threatening Markus Larsson and hitting him in the head."
Larsson adds, "His eyes got black and he was absolutely furious. He stood up and asked if we would put out the lights and settle the disagreement straight away. At first I was just surprised, I thought he was pulling my leg (joking), but then I realized he was serious and then I felt uncomfortable and I just wanted to get out of there pretty fast."
Larsson claims the star also ranted, "You're lucky to get out of here alive" before storming out of the Le Meurice Hotel in the French capital.
However, Richards' spokesperson has come up with clarification to Rolling Stone, saying "At the conclusion of the 20 minute interview Keith Richards jokingly tapped the journalist on the head after his questions got a bit silly. From the people in the room during the interview they would suggest that the writer has allowed his imagination to get the better of him."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion