Troubled Rapper Shyne Turned Into Orthodox Jew
Shyne, the rapper who was convicted for his part in an infamous New York nightclub shooting, has become an orthodox Jew. The Belizean-born hip-hop star served almost nine years of a 10-year sentence for opening fire at a 1999 party, where P. Diddy and his then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez were among the guests.
The couple fled after the shooting and, as a result, became entangled in the legal battle which eventually landed Shyne behind bars. He legally changed his name from Jamal Michael Barrow to Moses Michael Levi while he was in prison and now he's living in Jerusalem, where he strictly observes the Jewish faith, according to The New York Times.
Shyne was released last year.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers