Troubled Rapper Shyne Turned Into Orthodox Jew
Shyne, the rapper who was convicted for his part in an infamous New York nightclub shooting, has become an orthodox Jew. The Belizean-born hip-hop star served almost nine years of a 10-year sentence for opening fire at a 1999 party, where P. Diddy and his then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez were among the guests.
The couple fled after the shooting and, as a result, became entangled in the legal battle which eventually landed Shyne behind bars. He legally changed his name from Jamal Michael Barrow to Moses Michael Levi while he was in prison and now he's living in Jerusalem, where he strictly observes the Jewish faith, according to The New York Times.
Shyne was released last year.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince