Troubled Rapper Shyne Turned Into Orthodox Jew
Shyne, the rapper who was convicted for his part in an infamous New York nightclub shooting, has become an orthodox Jew. The Belizean-born hip-hop star served almost nine years of a 10-year sentence for opening fire at a 1999 party, where P. Diddy and his then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez were among the guests.
The couple fled after the shooting and, as a result, became entangled in the legal battle which eventually landed Shyne behind bars. He legally changed his name from Jamal Michael Barrow to Moses Michael Levi while he was in prison and now he's living in Jerusalem, where he strictly observes the Jewish faith, according to The New York Times.
Shyne was released last year.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage