Troubled Rapper Shyne Turned Into Orthodox Jew
Shyne, the rapper who was convicted for his part in an infamous New York nightclub shooting, has become an orthodox Jew. The Belizean-born hip-hop star served almost nine years of a 10-year sentence for opening fire at a 1999 party, where P. Diddy and his then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez were among the guests.
The couple fled after the shooting and, as a result, became entangled in the legal battle which eventually landed Shyne behind bars. He legally changed his name from Jamal Michael Barrow to Moses Michael Levi while he was in prison and now he's living in Jerusalem, where he strictly observes the Jewish faith, according to The New York Times.
Shyne was released last year.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'