Troubled Rapper Shyne Turned Into Orthodox Jew
Shyne, the rapper who was convicted for his part in an infamous New York nightclub shooting, has become an orthodox Jew. The Belizean-born hip-hop star served almost nine years of a 10-year sentence for opening fire at a 1999 party, where P. Diddy and his then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez were among the guests.
The couple fled after the shooting and, as a result, became entangled in the legal battle which eventually landed Shyne behind bars. He legally changed his name from Jamal Michael Barrow to Moses Michael Levi while he was in prison and now he's living in Jerusalem, where he strictly observes the Jewish faith, according to The New York Times.
Shyne was released last year.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy