Demi Lovato's Rehab Stint Reportedly Sparked by the Sudden Passing of Close Pal
Singer/actress Demi Lovato checked into rehab to deal with the heartache she suffered after the tragic death of a close friend and rumored boyfriend in her native Texas this summer, according to a new report. The Disney star quit the final dates of her South American tour with the Jonas Brothers in October to seek professional help to address "emotional and physical" issues.
Specific details surrounding the 18 year old's decision to enter an undisclosed medical facility have not been revealed, but America's Star magazine claims the sudden passing of aspiring rocker David Osborn contributed to her troubles.
Osborn drowned in the Brazos River after an accident in late July and Lovato paid tribute to the 21 year old on her Twitter page a week later. She wrote, "Can't wait to see you again in heaven... Texas isn't the same without you... RIP Dave Osborn."
The star is alleged to have embarked on a fling with Osborn in March after attending a mutual friend's house party in Texas. The rumored romance followed Lovato's split from pop star Joe Jonas earlier this year. Meanwhile, a representative for Lovato has moved swiftly to shoot down rumors the troubled teen is pregnant.
DJs at a Salt Lake City, Utah radio station sparked the gossip on Wednesday morning, November 10 but her spokesperson tells TMZ the claims are "100 per cent not true".
More Demi Lovato News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role