Demi Lovato's Rehab Stint Reportedly Sparked by the Sudden Passing of Close Pal
Singer/actress Demi Lovato checked into rehab to deal with the heartache she suffered after the tragic death of a close friend and rumored boyfriend in her native Texas this summer, according to a new report. The Disney star quit the final dates of her South American tour with the Jonas Brothers in October to seek professional help to address "emotional and physical" issues.
Specific details surrounding the 18 year old's decision to enter an undisclosed medical facility have not been revealed, but America's Star magazine claims the sudden passing of aspiring rocker David Osborn contributed to her troubles.
Osborn drowned in the Brazos River after an accident in late July and Lovato paid tribute to the 21 year old on her Twitter page a week later. She wrote, "Can't wait to see you again in heaven... Texas isn't the same without you... RIP Dave Osborn."
The star is alleged to have embarked on a fling with Osborn in March after attending a mutual friend's house party in Texas. The rumored romance followed Lovato's split from pop star Joe Jonas earlier this year. Meanwhile, a representative for Lovato has moved swiftly to shoot down rumors the troubled teen is pregnant.
DJs at a Salt Lake City, Utah radio station sparked the gossip on Wednesday morning, November 10 but her spokesperson tells TMZ the claims are "100 per cent not true".
More Demi Lovato News
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms