Kanye West Feels 'Very Used, Very Tortured' at 'Today' Show
Kanye West has blamed his decision to quit promoting his new album on an uncomfortable interview on U.S. TV this week which left him feeling "alone, used and tortured". The rapper took to his Twitter.com page on Wednesday, November 9 to announce he will no longer be taking part in any interviews to plug his new record "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy".
In the posts he hinted he was sick of talking about his personal life as well as his various run-ins with Taylor Swift and former U.S. President George W. Bush, insisting "I'm tired of using my celebrity to sell my art".
The hip-hop star has now explained his real reasons for quitting the promotional trail in a series of angry messages, accusing "Today" show host Matt Lauer of tipping him over the edge by asking him a series of "brutal" questions and making him feel "very alone" and "very tortured". West also claims producers deliberately threw him off guard by playing a clip of his 2009 MTV Video Music Awards confrontation with Swift, while he was trying to talk about his war of words with Bush.
In a series of posts, West writes, "Let me tell you how they did me at the Today show... While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the MTV (clip) under me with audio!... I don't mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show... and that's a very nice way for me to put it! He tried to force my answers. It was very brutal and I came there with only positive intent. I feel very alone, very used, very tortured, very forced, very misunderstood, very hollow, very very misused."
"I don't trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda." He later adds in a reference to late superstar Michael Jackson, "I wish Michael Jackson had Twitter! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up It's all a f**king set up!"
More Kanye West News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture