Kanye West Feels 'Very Used, Very Tortured' at 'Today' Show
Kanye West has blamed his decision to quit promoting his new album on an uncomfortable interview on U.S. TV this week which left him feeling "alone, used and tortured". The rapper took to his Twitter.com page on Wednesday, November 9 to announce he will no longer be taking part in any interviews to plug his new record "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy".
In the posts he hinted he was sick of talking about his personal life as well as his various run-ins with Taylor Swift and former U.S. President George W. Bush, insisting "I'm tired of using my celebrity to sell my art".
The hip-hop star has now explained his real reasons for quitting the promotional trail in a series of angry messages, accusing "Today" show host Matt Lauer of tipping him over the edge by asking him a series of "brutal" questions and making him feel "very alone" and "very tortured". West also claims producers deliberately threw him off guard by playing a clip of his 2009 MTV Video Music Awards confrontation with Swift, while he was trying to talk about his war of words with Bush.
In a series of posts, West writes, "Let me tell you how they did me at the Today show... While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the MTV (clip) under me with audio!... I don't mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show... and that's a very nice way for me to put it! He tried to force my answers. It was very brutal and I came there with only positive intent. I feel very alone, very used, very tortured, very forced, very misunderstood, very hollow, very very misused."
"I don't trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda." He later adds in a reference to late superstar Michael Jackson, "I wish Michael Jackson had Twitter! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up It's all a f**king set up!"
More Kanye West News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role