Ricky Martin Bullied by Twitter Users
Ricky Martin became a target for online bullies when he 'came out' as gay earlier this year - he has received a barrage of hateful messages on social networking site Twitter.com. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer revealed his homosexuality in March, before publicly thanking his fans for their support and acceptance following the revelation.
But Martin admits he has also been inundated with nasty messages over the internet. He tells U.S. TV host Larry King, "I am bullied today... It's very weird because, you know, I'm a Twitter fan. And I check my messages all the time, and you can get 100 messages of love. And you're very happy. And then you get that one message of a hater (sic) and... if you're (having) a bad day it ruins your afternoon. It's so sad that there is still hate out there."
But despite receiving the hateful posts, Martin insists he is still a big fan of social networking because it allows him to communicate with his fans. He adds, "For me, networking is amazing... (It gives you) an immediate reaction of what's going on out there."
"And in fact, when I was recording my music I would let them know what I was learning, what I was listening (to), and they would say, 'I love this, I don't.' It's very interesting. Networking is a new way. It's a new era."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake