Ricky Martin Bullied by Twitter Users
Ricky Martin became a target for online bullies when he 'came out' as gay earlier this year - he has received a barrage of hateful messages on social networking site Twitter.com. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer revealed his homosexuality in March, before publicly thanking his fans for their support and acceptance following the revelation.
But Martin admits he has also been inundated with nasty messages over the internet. He tells U.S. TV host Larry King, "I am bullied today... It's very weird because, you know, I'm a Twitter fan. And I check my messages all the time, and you can get 100 messages of love. And you're very happy. And then you get that one message of a hater (sic) and... if you're (having) a bad day it ruins your afternoon. It's so sad that there is still hate out there."
But despite receiving the hateful posts, Martin insists he is still a big fan of social networking because it allows him to communicate with his fans. He adds, "For me, networking is amazing... (It gives you) an immediate reaction of what's going on out there."
"And in fact, when I was recording my music I would let them know what I was learning, what I was listening (to), and they would say, 'I love this, I don't.' It's very interesting. Networking is a new way. It's a new era."
More Ricky Martin News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics