Russell Brand to Be Guest of Honor at Variety's Power of Comedy Event
British funnyman Russell Brand is to be recognized for his contributions to women's cancer charities at a star-studded comedy gala in Los Angeles in December. The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" star will be the guest of honor at Variety magazine's Power of Comedy event, which will see performances from comics including Sarah Silverman and Bob Saget.
The star has been close to women's cancer causes after his beloved mum Barbara battled the illness three times when he was a child. Proceeds from the show will go to the Noreen Fraser Foundation's Men for Women Now initiative to raise money for women's cancer research.
Variety associate publisher Michelle Sobrino, says, "With a night full of laughs, and a truly deserving cause at the core, we hope to raise awareness and empower fans to get involved and support much-needed funding for women's cancer research." The Power of Comedy event will take place on December 4 at Club Nokia in L.A.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal