Russell Brand to Be Guest of Honor at Variety's Power of Comedy Event
British funnyman Russell Brand is to be recognized for his contributions to women's cancer charities at a star-studded comedy gala in Los Angeles in December. The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" star will be the guest of honor at Variety magazine's Power of Comedy event, which will see performances from comics including Sarah Silverman and Bob Saget.
The star has been close to women's cancer causes after his beloved mum Barbara battled the illness three times when he was a child. Proceeds from the show will go to the Noreen Fraser Foundation's Men for Women Now initiative to raise money for women's cancer research.
Variety associate publisher Michelle Sobrino, says, "With a night full of laughs, and a truly deserving cause at the core, we hope to raise awareness and empower fans to get involved and support much-needed funding for women's cancer research." The Power of Comedy event will take place on December 4 at Club Nokia in L.A.
More Russell Brand News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer