Russell Brand to Be Guest of Honor at Variety's Power of Comedy Event
British funnyman Russell Brand is to be recognized for his contributions to women's cancer charities at a star-studded comedy gala in Los Angeles in December. The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" star will be the guest of honor at Variety magazine's Power of Comedy event, which will see performances from comics including Sarah Silverman and Bob Saget.
The star has been close to women's cancer causes after his beloved mum Barbara battled the illness three times when he was a child. Proceeds from the show will go to the Noreen Fraser Foundation's Men for Women Now initiative to raise money for women's cancer research.
Variety associate publisher Michelle Sobrino, says, "With a night full of laughs, and a truly deserving cause at the core, we hope to raise awareness and empower fans to get involved and support much-needed funding for women's cancer research." The Power of Comedy event will take place on December 4 at Club Nokia in L.A.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip