Russell Brand to Be Guest of Honor at Variety's Power of Comedy Event
British funnyman Russell Brand is to be recognized for his contributions to women's cancer charities at a star-studded comedy gala in Los Angeles in December. The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" star will be the guest of honor at Variety magazine's Power of Comedy event, which will see performances from comics including Sarah Silverman and Bob Saget.
The star has been close to women's cancer causes after his beloved mum Barbara battled the illness three times when he was a child. Proceeds from the show will go to the Noreen Fraser Foundation's Men for Women Now initiative to raise money for women's cancer research.
Variety associate publisher Michelle Sobrino, says, "With a night full of laughs, and a truly deserving cause at the core, we hope to raise awareness and empower fans to get involved and support much-needed funding for women's cancer research." The Power of Comedy event will take place on December 4 at Club Nokia in L.A.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance