Katy Perry Fumes Microsoft Makes Her Fans Pay for Drinks
Katy Perry wasn't impressed with organizers at her Microsoft-sponsored concert on Monday, November 8 night when she found out they hadn't laid on free drinks for her fans. The "I Kissed a Girl" superstar helped promote the computer company's new Windows Phone 7 by playing a free gig at New York's Roseland Ballroom for a lucky crowd of devotees.
During the performance, Perry asked the revelers if they were enjoying the open bar, and after a lackluster return from the audience, the singer realized fans had to pay for their booze - and she wasn't happy about it, according to New York gossip column PageSix. She growled, "It's not free? It's Microsoft! Don't they own half the world?"
Perry was not the only celebrity hired to help launching Microsoft phone. Maroon 5 were also on hand but they hosted the free concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco.
More Katy Perry News
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'