Katy Perry Fumes Microsoft Makes Her Fans Pay for Drinks
Katy Perry wasn't impressed with organizers at her Microsoft-sponsored concert on Monday, November 8 night when she found out they hadn't laid on free drinks for her fans. The "I Kissed a Girl" superstar helped promote the computer company's new Windows Phone 7 by playing a free gig at New York's Roseland Ballroom for a lucky crowd of devotees.
During the performance, Perry asked the revelers if they were enjoying the open bar, and after a lackluster return from the audience, the singer realized fans had to pay for their booze - and she wasn't happy about it, according to New York gossip column PageSix. She growled, "It's not free? It's Microsoft! Don't they own half the world?"
Perry was not the only celebrity hired to help launching Microsoft phone. Maroon 5 were also on hand but they hosted the free concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco.
More Katy Perry News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'