Katy Perry Fumes Microsoft Makes Her Fans Pay for Drinks
Katy Perry wasn't impressed with organizers at her Microsoft-sponsored concert on Monday, November 8 night when she found out they hadn't laid on free drinks for her fans. The "I Kissed a Girl" superstar helped promote the computer company's new Windows Phone 7 by playing a free gig at New York's Roseland Ballroom for a lucky crowd of devotees.
During the performance, Perry asked the revelers if they were enjoying the open bar, and after a lackluster return from the audience, the singer realized fans had to pay for their booze - and she wasn't happy about it, according to New York gossip column PageSix. She growled, "It's not free? It's Microsoft! Don't they own half the world?"
Perry was not the only celebrity hired to help launching Microsoft phone. Maroon 5 were also on hand but they hosted the free concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch