Katy Perry Fumes Microsoft Makes Her Fans Pay for Drinks
Katy Perry wasn't impressed with organizers at her Microsoft-sponsored concert on Monday, November 8 night when she found out they hadn't laid on free drinks for her fans. The "I Kissed a Girl" superstar helped promote the computer company's new Windows Phone 7 by playing a free gig at New York's Roseland Ballroom for a lucky crowd of devotees.
During the performance, Perry asked the revelers if they were enjoying the open bar, and after a lackluster return from the audience, the singer realized fans had to pay for their booze - and she wasn't happy about it, according to New York gossip column PageSix. She growled, "It's not free? It's Microsoft! Don't they own half the world?"
Perry was not the only celebrity hired to help launching Microsoft phone. Maroon 5 were also on hand but they hosted the free concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco.
More Katy Perry News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image