Katy Perry Fumes Microsoft Makes Her Fans Pay for Drinks
Katy Perry wasn't impressed with organizers at her Microsoft-sponsored concert on Monday, November 8 night when she found out they hadn't laid on free drinks for her fans. The "I Kissed a Girl" superstar helped promote the computer company's new Windows Phone 7 by playing a free gig at New York's Roseland Ballroom for a lucky crowd of devotees.
During the performance, Perry asked the revelers if they were enjoying the open bar, and after a lackluster return from the audience, the singer realized fans had to pay for their booze - and she wasn't happy about it, according to New York gossip column PageSix. She growled, "It's not free? It's Microsoft! Don't they own half the world?"
Perry was not the only celebrity hired to help launching Microsoft phone. Maroon 5 were also on hand but they hosted the free concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco.
More Katy Perry News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars