Freed From Jail, Lil Wayne Faces Paternity Battle
Newly-freed rapper Lil Wayne is facing a paternity battle following his release from jail - a Missouri woman filed court papers during his incarceration alleging he fathered a child back in 2002. The hip-hop star was released from prison last week after serving eight months of a year-long sentence on weapons possession charges.
In August, while he was in jail, he was served with a legal letter demanding he submit to a DNA test to determine whether he fathered an eight-year-old boy with an unnamed Missouri woman. The child's grandmother obtained an order from a judge which required the "Lollipop" hitmaker to take a paternity test before September 10, but as the star was behind bars at the time, the deadline was pushed back until December 9, according to TMZ.com.
Lil Wayne already has four children from previous relationships.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'