Brittany Murphy's Mother Releasing Picture Book
Brittany Murphy's mother is set to pay tribute to her late daughter in a new biography. The "Clueless" actress passed away in December 2009 from pneumonia, and the tragedy was compounded when her husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack, died just five months later.
Their passings have since been tarred by a series of salacious rumors concerning missing money and claims Murphy's mother, Sharon, slept in the same bed as her son-in-law after the actress died. Sharon spoke out to deny the rumours at the time and she is now hoping to silence tabloid gossip about her daughter by telling her story in a new picture book.
In a statement released on what would have been Murphy's 33rd birthday, she says, "This book will be my way of celebrating and honoring her extraordinary life and career. Brittany was a kind, loving person who enjoyed each day; she was my life. I am looking forward to everyone reading the accurate account about my daughter, her life, loves and career."
A portion of the book's proceeds will be donated to charity.
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters