Brittany Murphy's Mother Releasing Picture Book
Brittany Murphy's mother is set to pay tribute to her late daughter in a new biography. The "Clueless" actress passed away in December 2009 from pneumonia, and the tragedy was compounded when her husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack, died just five months later.
Their passings have since been tarred by a series of salacious rumors concerning missing money and claims Murphy's mother, Sharon, slept in the same bed as her son-in-law after the actress died. Sharon spoke out to deny the rumours at the time and she is now hoping to silence tabloid gossip about her daughter by telling her story in a new picture book.
In a statement released on what would have been Murphy's 33rd birthday, she says, "This book will be my way of celebrating and honoring her extraordinary life and career. Brittany was a kind, loving person who enjoyed each day; she was my life. I am looking forward to everyone reading the accurate account about my daughter, her life, loves and career."
A portion of the book's proceeds will be donated to charity.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young