Brittany Murphy's Mother Releasing Picture Book
Brittany Murphy's mother is set to pay tribute to her late daughter in a new biography. The "Clueless" actress passed away in December 2009 from pneumonia, and the tragedy was compounded when her husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack, died just five months later.
Their passings have since been tarred by a series of salacious rumors concerning missing money and claims Murphy's mother, Sharon, slept in the same bed as her son-in-law after the actress died. Sharon spoke out to deny the rumours at the time and she is now hoping to silence tabloid gossip about her daughter by telling her story in a new picture book.
In a statement released on what would have been Murphy's 33rd birthday, she says, "This book will be my way of celebrating and honoring her extraordinary life and career. Brittany was a kind, loving person who enjoyed each day; she was my life. I am looking forward to everyone reading the accurate account about my daughter, her life, loves and career."
A portion of the book's proceeds will be donated to charity.
More Brittany Murphy News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special