Brittany Murphy's Mother Releasing Picture Book
Brittany Murphy's mother is set to pay tribute to her late daughter in a new biography. The "Clueless" actress passed away in December 2009 from pneumonia, and the tragedy was compounded when her husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack, died just five months later.
Their passings have since been tarred by a series of salacious rumors concerning missing money and claims Murphy's mother, Sharon, slept in the same bed as her son-in-law after the actress died. Sharon spoke out to deny the rumours at the time and she is now hoping to silence tabloid gossip about her daughter by telling her story in a new picture book.
In a statement released on what would have been Murphy's 33rd birthday, she says, "This book will be my way of celebrating and honoring her extraordinary life and career. Brittany was a kind, loving person who enjoyed each day; she was my life. I am looking forward to everyone reading the accurate account about my daughter, her life, loves and career."
A portion of the book's proceeds will be donated to charity.
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right