Tina Fey Received Mark Twain Prize Watched by Castmates
Tina Fey's "30 Rock" cast and her "Date Night" co-star Steve Carell were among the comic stars who came together to honor the funnywoman as she picked up the coveted Mark Twain Prize for American Humor on Tuesday, November 9.
The Emmy Award-winning comedienne was feted in a ceremony at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., and the audience was packed with colleagues from her former show "Saturday Night Live" and current TV project "30 Rock".
Fey's movie co-star Carell took to the stage to present his pal with the prize, describing her as "a pretty cool cucumber" and adding, "She dares to offend and shrugs off the obvious choice. She has the uncanny ability to make something out of nothing."
The 40-year-old funnywoman, who is the youngest ever recipient of the award, thanked her pals for turning out for the ceremony, adding, "It means so much to me that you care about showbiz more than your families."
Also in the audience were "30 Rock"'s Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan, Steve Martin, Jon Hamm, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, Jane Krakowski, Jennifer Hudson and Betty White. Fey is the third woman to receive the Mark Twain prize after Lily Tomlin and Whoopi Goldberg.
More Tina Fey News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7