Tina Fey Received Mark Twain Prize Watched by Castmates
Tina Fey's "30 Rock" cast and her "Date Night" co-star Steve Carell were among the comic stars who came together to honor the funnywoman as she picked up the coveted Mark Twain Prize for American Humor on Tuesday, November 9.
The Emmy Award-winning comedienne was feted in a ceremony at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., and the audience was packed with colleagues from her former show "Saturday Night Live" and current TV project "30 Rock".
Fey's movie co-star Carell took to the stage to present his pal with the prize, describing her as "a pretty cool cucumber" and adding, "She dares to offend and shrugs off the obvious choice. She has the uncanny ability to make something out of nothing."
The 40-year-old funnywoman, who is the youngest ever recipient of the award, thanked her pals for turning out for the ceremony, adding, "It means so much to me that you care about showbiz more than your families."
Also in the audience were "30 Rock"'s Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan, Steve Martin, Jon Hamm, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, Jane Krakowski, Jennifer Hudson and Betty White. Fey is the third woman to receive the Mark Twain prize after Lily Tomlin and Whoopi Goldberg.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'