Pearl Lowe Denies Using Sweatshop in Clothes Production
Singer-turned-fashion designer Pearl Lowe has dismissed speculation her latest clothing range was produced in a British sweatshop. The Powder frontwoman was flooded with complaints from followers on Twitter.com after a TV expose investigated poor working conditions of U.K. factories which produce lines for national retailers.
But Lowe insists her designs for British chain Peacocks are manufactured in a "legit" Hong Kong unit. In posts on her Twitter page, she explains, "Want to put all of your minds at rest, the factory I use for my Peacock range is in Hong Kong, not the one used in last night's C4 Programme."
"I have also been there a few times & I can promise you that it is a totally legit family run business."
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says