Joanna Lumley Plotting 'Absolutely Fabolous' Reunion
Joanna Lumley is teaming up with her comedy partner Jennifer Saunders to revive their hit British comedy "Absolutely Fabolous". The actress is in talks with creator Saunders, who overcame breast cancer earlier this year, to bring back their boozy, chain-smoking fashionistas for a TV comeback.
Lumley tells Playbill magazine, "Jen wrote to me and said, 'Let's talk through it. What do you think?' And I said, 'Bring it on.' Because we're all still here. Mother's still alive - the wonderful June Whitfield. Julia Sawalha, Jane Horrocks - the basic five Js - all our names began with J. We're all still alive and available - ish - to do it, and I think we just have to do it."
And Lumley insists staging a reunion should be easy because previous episodes have already explored the characters' futures. She adds: "The great thing is that because in our show, we fast-forwarded to where they're very old and nearly dead and practically plugged into vodka machines and things. It doesn't matter how beyond (the original series) we do it because we know they've been that... So this makes it heaven!"
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars