Joanna Lumley Plotting 'Absolutely Fabolous' Reunion
Joanna Lumley is teaming up with her comedy partner Jennifer Saunders to revive their hit British comedy "Absolutely Fabolous". The actress is in talks with creator Saunders, who overcame breast cancer earlier this year, to bring back their boozy, chain-smoking fashionistas for a TV comeback.
Lumley tells Playbill magazine, "Jen wrote to me and said, 'Let's talk through it. What do you think?' And I said, 'Bring it on.' Because we're all still here. Mother's still alive - the wonderful June Whitfield. Julia Sawalha, Jane Horrocks - the basic five Js - all our names began with J. We're all still alive and available - ish - to do it, and I think we just have to do it."
And Lumley insists staging a reunion should be easy because previous episodes have already explored the characters' futures. She adds: "The great thing is that because in our show, we fast-forwarded to where they're very old and nearly dead and practically plugged into vodka machines and things. It doesn't matter how beyond (the original series) we do it because we know they've been that... So this makes it heaven!"
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce