Coldplay to Play Charity Concert for the Homeless
Coldplay are to play two pre-Christmas 'hidden' shows at low-key venues in Liverpool and Newcastle to raise awareness about the homeless problem in Britain. Announcing the shows on the band's website, frontman Chris Martin reveals they will take place at 1,000-capacity venues. Details of the venues will be announced to fans 24 hours before Coldplay take the stage.
Martin insists the mystery behind the shows will give fans "a small taste of the uncertainty faced by the thousands of homeless people who do not know where they will spend the night". Tickets for the shows will go on sale on Friday, November 12. All proceeds will benefit homeless charity Crisis.
Outside Coldplay, Chris Martin recently wrote a theme song for his wife Gwyneth Paltrow's upcoming movie "Country Strong". She joins forces with co-star Tim McGraw to sing it.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle