Coldplay to Play Charity Concert for the Homeless
Coldplay are to play two pre-Christmas 'hidden' shows at low-key venues in Liverpool and Newcastle to raise awareness about the homeless problem in Britain. Announcing the shows on the band's website, frontman Chris Martin reveals they will take place at 1,000-capacity venues. Details of the venues will be announced to fans 24 hours before Coldplay take the stage.
Martin insists the mystery behind the shows will give fans "a small taste of the uncertainty faced by the thousands of homeless people who do not know where they will spend the night". Tickets for the shows will go on sale on Friday, November 12. All proceeds will benefit homeless charity Crisis.
Outside Coldplay, Chris Martin recently wrote a theme song for his wife Gwyneth Paltrow's upcoming movie "Country Strong". She joins forces with co-star Tim McGraw to sing it.
More Coldplay News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger