Coldplay to Play Charity Concert for the Homeless
Coldplay are to play two pre-Christmas 'hidden' shows at low-key venues in Liverpool and Newcastle to raise awareness about the homeless problem in Britain. Announcing the shows on the band's website, frontman Chris Martin reveals they will take place at 1,000-capacity venues. Details of the venues will be announced to fans 24 hours before Coldplay take the stage.
Martin insists the mystery behind the shows will give fans "a small taste of the uncertainty faced by the thousands of homeless people who do not know where they will spend the night". Tickets for the shows will go on sale on Friday, November 12. All proceeds will benefit homeless charity Crisis.
Outside Coldplay, Chris Martin recently wrote a theme song for his wife Gwyneth Paltrow's upcoming movie "Country Strong". She joins forces with co-star Tim McGraw to sing it.
More Coldplay News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding