$3 Million Lawsuit Against Rod Stewart Dropped
Rod Stewart will no longer have to battle his former lawyers over allegations of unpaid fees - they have dropped their $3 million lawsuit against the rocker. Prominent law firm Glaser, Weil, Fink, Jacobs, Howard & Shapiro filed for damages in Los Angeles last year, claiming one-time client Stewart owed them the cash from three past jobs.
The cases included one involving the singer's cancellation of a December 2000 show in Las Vegas, in which a federal jury ruled Stewart owed the Rio hotel-casino $2 million for scrapping the event. Los Angeles court officials granted the legal advisors a dismissal last Thursday, November 4, two months before the case was due to go to trial (January 2011).
Stewart maintained he did not owe his former lawyers any money. The company's attorney Vincent Green refused to comment on whether a settlement had been reached between the two parties.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says