Nadine Coyle Knew She Could Not Beat Cheryl Cole
British singer Nadine Coyle was prepared to lose out to her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl Cole when their two new singles went head-to-head in the U.K. chart - because her rival has Simon Cowell backing her solo career. The stars chose to release their latest solo efforts just a week apart, but Coyle was left red-faced when Cole's "Promise This" jumped straight to the top of the singles countdown, while her own record "Insatiable" limped in at number 26.
Coyle admits she is upset by the result of her efforts, but insists she always knew she "could never take on Cheryl" - because her role on the phenomenally popular U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor" has helped to boost her popularity. She tells Britain's Star magazine, "The truth is, I knew I could never take on Cheryl. She has all the power of 'The X Factor' and Simon Cowell behind her. It's a massive advantage."
"I would totally love to have someone like Simon in my camp - who wouldn't? He can make big things happen and he has the whole music business under his control."
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?