Nadine Coyle Knew She Could Not Beat Cheryl Cole
British singer Nadine Coyle was prepared to lose out to her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl Cole when their two new singles went head-to-head in the U.K. chart - because her rival has Simon Cowell backing her solo career. The stars chose to release their latest solo efforts just a week apart, but Coyle was left red-faced when Cole's "Promise This" jumped straight to the top of the singles countdown, while her own record "Insatiable" limped in at number 26.
Coyle admits she is upset by the result of her efforts, but insists she always knew she "could never take on Cheryl" - because her role on the phenomenally popular U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor" has helped to boost her popularity. She tells Britain's Star magazine, "The truth is, I knew I could never take on Cheryl. She has all the power of 'The X Factor' and Simon Cowell behind her. It's a massive advantage."
"I would totally love to have someone like Simon in my camp - who wouldn't? He can make big things happen and he has the whole music business under his control."
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters