Nadine Coyle Knew She Could Not Beat Cheryl Cole
British singer Nadine Coyle was prepared to lose out to her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl Cole when their two new singles went head-to-head in the U.K. chart - because her rival has Simon Cowell backing her solo career. The stars chose to release their latest solo efforts just a week apart, but Coyle was left red-faced when Cole's "Promise This" jumped straight to the top of the singles countdown, while her own record "Insatiable" limped in at number 26.
Coyle admits she is upset by the result of her efforts, but insists she always knew she "could never take on Cheryl" - because her role on the phenomenally popular U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor" has helped to boost her popularity. She tells Britain's Star magazine, "The truth is, I knew I could never take on Cheryl. She has all the power of 'The X Factor' and Simon Cowell behind her. It's a massive advantage."
"I would totally love to have someone like Simon in my camp - who wouldn't? He can make big things happen and he has the whole music business under his control."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake