Nadine Coyle Knew She Could Not Beat Cheryl Cole
British singer Nadine Coyle was prepared to lose out to her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl Cole when their two new singles went head-to-head in the U.K. chart - because her rival has Simon Cowell backing her solo career. The stars chose to release their latest solo efforts just a week apart, but Coyle was left red-faced when Cole's "Promise This" jumped straight to the top of the singles countdown, while her own record "Insatiable" limped in at number 26.
Coyle admits she is upset by the result of her efforts, but insists she always knew she "could never take on Cheryl" - because her role on the phenomenally popular U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor" has helped to boost her popularity. She tells Britain's Star magazine, "The truth is, I knew I could never take on Cheryl. She has all the power of 'The X Factor' and Simon Cowell behind her. It's a massive advantage."
"I would totally love to have someone like Simon in my camp - who wouldn't? He can make big things happen and he has the whole music business under his control."
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12