Nadine Coyle Knew She Could Not Beat Cheryl Cole
British singer Nadine Coyle was prepared to lose out to her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl Cole when their two new singles went head-to-head in the U.K. chart - because her rival has Simon Cowell backing her solo career. The stars chose to release their latest solo efforts just a week apart, but Coyle was left red-faced when Cole's "Promise This" jumped straight to the top of the singles countdown, while her own record "Insatiable" limped in at number 26.
Coyle admits she is upset by the result of her efforts, but insists she always knew she "could never take on Cheryl" - because her role on the phenomenally popular U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor" has helped to boost her popularity. She tells Britain's Star magazine, "The truth is, I knew I could never take on Cheryl. She has all the power of 'The X Factor' and Simon Cowell behind her. It's a massive advantage."
"I would totally love to have someone like Simon in my camp - who wouldn't? He can make big things happen and he has the whole music business under his control."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics