Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Hit With Restraining Order
Embattled boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has been slapped with a temporary restraining order banning him from contacting his ex-girlfriend following a domestic violence incident in September. The sportsman was arrested on suspicion of robbery on September 10, a day after reportedly confronting Josie Harris about an alleged affair at her Las Vegas home.
Harris told cops he had taken a number of personal items from her property during the incident, in which Mayweather, Jr. is also accused of punching Harris in the head, pulling her hair and trying to break her arm after entering her house as she slept. She subsequently filed for a temporary protection order against the boxer and, in the court documents, even goes so far as to claim the champ threatened to kill her as their 10-year-old son Koraun watched the alleged beating take place.
According to the police report of the encounter, Harris was forced to seek medical treatment for "minor facial injuries and a sore left arm". On Tuesday, November 9, a Las Vegas judge approved the temporary order, banning Mayweather from seeing Harris and the ex-couple's two children, reports TMZ.com.
The boxer faces felony coercion, grand larceny and robbery, and misdemeanor domestic battery and harassment charges stemming from the incident. Mayweather, Jr. is due back in court in January 2011 and faces up to 28 years behind bars if convicted.
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free