Magazine Apologizes to Kylie Minogue for Water Diet Claim
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue has received an apology from bosses at a U.K. magazine over an "untrue" report which suggested she had embarked on a strict water-only diet to maintain her slim figure.
The "Spinning Around" hitmaker was left fuming when editors at British magazine Heat claimed she was cutting back on meals and drinking nothing but flavored water to keep her svelte shape. In a post on her Twitter.com page last week, she wrote, "OMG (oh my God)... media reports that I am on a water diet are not only untrue but irresponsible. No, no, NO!!!!!!"
Now heads at the publication have printed an apology and admitted there is no truth to the rumor. A message in this week's issue, addressed "Kylie Minogue Apology", reads, "In last week's issue of Heat, we claimed that Kylie Minogue had dropped a dress size on an extreme water diet, which bans almost all solid food and substitutes it with flavored water."
"We now know this story to be untrue and wish to apologize to Kylie."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia