Magazine Apologizes to Kylie Minogue for Water Diet Claim
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue has received an apology from bosses at a U.K. magazine over an "untrue" report which suggested she had embarked on a strict water-only diet to maintain her slim figure.
The "Spinning Around" hitmaker was left fuming when editors at British magazine Heat claimed she was cutting back on meals and drinking nothing but flavored water to keep her svelte shape. In a post on her Twitter.com page last week, she wrote, "OMG (oh my God)... media reports that I am on a water diet are not only untrue but irresponsible. No, no, NO!!!!!!"
Now heads at the publication have printed an apology and admitted there is no truth to the rumor. A message in this week's issue, addressed "Kylie Minogue Apology", reads, "In last week's issue of Heat, we claimed that Kylie Minogue had dropped a dress size on an extreme water diet, which bans almost all solid food and substitutes it with flavored water."
"We now know this story to be untrue and wish to apologize to Kylie."
More Kylie Minogue News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival