Magazine Apologizes to Kylie Minogue for Water Diet Claim
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue has received an apology from bosses at a U.K. magazine over an "untrue" report which suggested she had embarked on a strict water-only diet to maintain her slim figure.
The "Spinning Around" hitmaker was left fuming when editors at British magazine Heat claimed she was cutting back on meals and drinking nothing but flavored water to keep her svelte shape. In a post on her Twitter.com page last week, she wrote, "OMG (oh my God)... media reports that I am on a water diet are not only untrue but irresponsible. No, no, NO!!!!!!"
Now heads at the publication have printed an apology and admitted there is no truth to the rumor. A message in this week's issue, addressed "Kylie Minogue Apology", reads, "In last week's issue of Heat, we claimed that Kylie Minogue had dropped a dress size on an extreme water diet, which bans almost all solid food and substitutes it with flavored water."
"We now know this story to be untrue and wish to apologize to Kylie."
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday