Magazine Apologizes to Kylie Minogue for Water Diet Claim
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue has received an apology from bosses at a U.K. magazine over an "untrue" report which suggested she had embarked on a strict water-only diet to maintain her slim figure.
The "Spinning Around" hitmaker was left fuming when editors at British magazine Heat claimed she was cutting back on meals and drinking nothing but flavored water to keep her svelte shape. In a post on her Twitter.com page last week, she wrote, "OMG (oh my God)... media reports that I am on a water diet are not only untrue but irresponsible. No, no, NO!!!!!!"
Now heads at the publication have printed an apology and admitted there is no truth to the rumor. A message in this week's issue, addressed "Kylie Minogue Apology", reads, "In last week's issue of Heat, we claimed that Kylie Minogue had dropped a dress size on an extreme water diet, which bans almost all solid food and substitutes it with flavored water."
"We now know this story to be untrue and wish to apologize to Kylie."
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney