Lil Wayne Welcomed Home at Star-Studded Miami Party
Lil Wayne received a hero's welcome at a party in Miami, Florida on Sunday night, November 7 to celebrate his release from jail. The rapper spent eights months in prison serving out a sentence on weapons possession charges dating back to 2007 and was released on Thursday, November 4.
Lil Wayne's famous friends gathered in Florida at the weekend to throw a massive homecoming party for the hip-hop star at the King of Diamonds strip club in Miami. Guests included Nicki Minaj, Drake, Busta Rhymes and Jay Sean, as well as Lil Wayne's mother and actress Lauren London, who is mother to the star's son.
Rapper Nicki Minaj told MTV.com at the event, "We went through this and our team is still stronger than ever .To have him back, it's like, 'Wayne, we held you down while you were gone.' And I think that's the craziest thing, it's the most meaningful thing as a CEO to go away and have your team hold you down."
While Drake, who performed with Lil Wayne in Las Vegas on Saturday night, November 6, adds, "I had to suit up for the boy. This is great. This is the celebration .This is the night we all get to have fun. I'm officially off duty. I'm here to have fun and celebrate a great, phenomenal, legendary man. That's why I had to get dressed up."
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media