Lil Wayne Welcomed Home at Star-Studded Miami Party
Lil Wayne received a hero's welcome at a party in Miami, Florida on Sunday night, November 7 to celebrate his release from jail. The rapper spent eights months in prison serving out a sentence on weapons possession charges dating back to 2007 and was released on Thursday, November 4.
Lil Wayne's famous friends gathered in Florida at the weekend to throw a massive homecoming party for the hip-hop star at the King of Diamonds strip club in Miami. Guests included Nicki Minaj, Drake, Busta Rhymes and Jay Sean, as well as Lil Wayne's mother and actress Lauren London, who is mother to the star's son.
Rapper Nicki Minaj told MTV.com at the event, "We went through this and our team is still stronger than ever .To have him back, it's like, 'Wayne, we held you down while you were gone.' And I think that's the craziest thing, it's the most meaningful thing as a CEO to go away and have your team hold you down."
While Drake, who performed with Lil Wayne in Las Vegas on Saturday night, November 6, adds, "I had to suit up for the boy. This is great. This is the celebration .This is the night we all get to have fun. I'm officially off duty. I'm here to have fun and celebrate a great, phenomenal, legendary man. That's why I had to get dressed up."
More Lil Wayne News
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting