Joe Jackson Doesn't Regret Whipping Michael
Michael Jackson's parents have finally opened up about reports of capital punishment and "whippings" family patriarch Joe Jackson served up to prevent his nine kids from "going bad". Joe Jackson has often denied his most famous son's allegations of beatings and whippings and he attempted to avoid the subject completely when Oprah Winfrey asked him to be honest about his punishment methods during a candid taped interview for her TV show.
But his wife Katherine insisted the world should know the truth, stating, "You might as well admit it; that's the way black people raise their children... He (Joe) used a strap." Joe Jackson then admitted, "I would have punished by whipping them with a strap or something if they did something wrong (sic)... It would have kept them outta trouble, outta jail (sic). My kids have never been in jail before... and that's great." Asked if he ever regretted his actions, Joe responded, "No, I don't regret it."
In a 1993 interview with Winfrey, Michael Jackson opened up about his father's beatings, admitting he was terrified of his dad.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed