Joe Jackson Doesn't Regret Whipping Michael
Michael Jackson's parents have finally opened up about reports of capital punishment and "whippings" family patriarch Joe Jackson served up to prevent his nine kids from "going bad". Joe Jackson has often denied his most famous son's allegations of beatings and whippings and he attempted to avoid the subject completely when Oprah Winfrey asked him to be honest about his punishment methods during a candid taped interview for her TV show.
But his wife Katherine insisted the world should know the truth, stating, "You might as well admit it; that's the way black people raise their children... He (Joe) used a strap." Joe Jackson then admitted, "I would have punished by whipping them with a strap or something if they did something wrong (sic)... It would have kept them outta trouble, outta jail (sic). My kids have never been in jail before... and that's great." Asked if he ever regretted his actions, Joe responded, "No, I don't regret it."
In a 1993 interview with Winfrey, Michael Jackson opened up about his father's beatings, admitting he was terrified of his dad.
More Michael Jackson News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'