Joe Jackson Doesn't Regret Whipping Michael
Michael Jackson's parents have finally opened up about reports of capital punishment and "whippings" family patriarch Joe Jackson served up to prevent his nine kids from "going bad". Joe Jackson has often denied his most famous son's allegations of beatings and whippings and he attempted to avoid the subject completely when Oprah Winfrey asked him to be honest about his punishment methods during a candid taped interview for her TV show.
But his wife Katherine insisted the world should know the truth, stating, "You might as well admit it; that's the way black people raise their children... He (Joe) used a strap." Joe Jackson then admitted, "I would have punished by whipping them with a strap or something if they did something wrong (sic)... It would have kept them outta trouble, outta jail (sic). My kids have never been in jail before... and that's great." Asked if he ever regretted his actions, Joe responded, "No, I don't regret it."
In a 1993 interview with Winfrey, Michael Jackson opened up about his father's beatings, admitting he was terrified of his dad.
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab