Joe Jackson Doesn't Regret Whipping Michael
Michael Jackson's parents have finally opened up about reports of capital punishment and "whippings" family patriarch Joe Jackson served up to prevent his nine kids from "going bad". Joe Jackson has often denied his most famous son's allegations of beatings and whippings and he attempted to avoid the subject completely when Oprah Winfrey asked him to be honest about his punishment methods during a candid taped interview for her TV show.
But his wife Katherine insisted the world should know the truth, stating, "You might as well admit it; that's the way black people raise their children... He (Joe) used a strap." Joe Jackson then admitted, "I would have punished by whipping them with a strap or something if they did something wrong (sic)... It would have kept them outta trouble, outta jail (sic). My kids have never been in jail before... and that's great." Asked if he ever regretted his actions, Joe responded, "No, I don't regret it."
In a 1993 interview with Winfrey, Michael Jackson opened up about his father's beatings, admitting he was terrified of his dad.
More Michael Jackson News
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order