Randy Quaid's Imigration Hearing Pushed Back to Nov. 23
Actor Randy Quaid will have to wait another two weeks to hear if his bid for refugee status in Canada has been accepted. An immigration hearing about the case was delayed on Monday, November 8 after the star's lawyer asked for more time to review documents.
Quaid and his wife Evi were arrested in Vancouver, British Columbia, last month on outstanding U.S. warrants related to vandalism charges. The Quaids are wanted in Santa Barbara, California, where they missed a third court hearing in as many weeks last week.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Evi Quaid, but Randy was allowed to stay in Canada so he could attend Monday's immigration hearing, which has now been moved to November 23. The actor's attorney has told the local media her client will not be able to leave the country until the new hearing date because his refugee claim would be prejudiced if he left. Evi Quaid can remain in Canada indefinitely because her father is a Canadian citizen.
The couple initially requested refugee status after claiming they were being persecuted by "Hollywood star whackers" and that their lives were in danger. The Quaids have now been ordered to attend a court hearing in California on the vandalism charges on November 16.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!