Michael Jackson's Daughter Appreciates Her Dad for Hiding Her Under Mask
Michael Jackson's daughter Paris has revealed she "appreciated" the efforts her late father went to to hide her and her brothers from the public, but the masks and veils he had them wear on shopping trips weren't always comfortable. In an exclusive Jackson family garden party chat, TV queen Oprah Winfrey grilled Paris and her brothers Prince Michael and Blanket and a group of nieces and nephews about living life as a Jackson and attending school.
While Blanket and his big brother seemed both shy and unwilling to chat, talkative and polite Paris was only too happy to open up about the trio's dad, who died last year. When Prince Michael revealed that his father placed veils over their faces so "when we did go out without our dad then nobody would really recognize us," Paris added, "He tried to raise us without (us) knowing who he was, but that didn't really go so well."
Asked if she liked the secrecy and the masks and veils, she stated, "I appreciated it... It wasn't always comfortable." Later in the taped chat, which aired on TV in America on Monday, November 8, Paris told Winfrey no one knows the real Michael Jackson.
She explained, "I kinda felt like no none understands what a good father he was. I'd say he was like the best cook ever... He was just a normal dad... He made the best French toast in the world."
More Michael Jackson News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie