Katherine Jackson: Conrad Murray Made Us Wait Before Revealing Michael's Fate
Michael Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray made the King of Pop's mother wait before revealing her son had died in June 2009. In a candid and emotional TV chat with Oprah Winfrey for "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will air in America on Monday, November 8, Katherine Jackson reveals she still has no idea why Murray took his time in confronting the family and telling them the grave news on the day his former boss passed away following an overdose of the anesthetic Propofol.
She says, "We stayed there a long time before he came in to tell us. Clearly I guess he didn't want to... It took him so long and I said, 'Well, what happened...?' I said, 'How is he, how is he? Did he make it?' And he said, 'No, he's gone'. That's all I remember."
Members of Jackson's family have accused Murray of administering the fatal dose of Propofol, which led to the singer's death. The doctor has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges. He will go on trial in January 2011.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris