Katherine Jackson: Conrad Murray Made Us Wait Before Revealing Michael's Fate
Michael Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray made the King of Pop's mother wait before revealing her son had died in June 2009. In a candid and emotional TV chat with Oprah Winfrey for "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will air in America on Monday, November 8, Katherine Jackson reveals she still has no idea why Murray took his time in confronting the family and telling them the grave news on the day his former boss passed away following an overdose of the anesthetic Propofol.
She says, "We stayed there a long time before he came in to tell us. Clearly I guess he didn't want to... It took him so long and I said, 'Well, what happened...?' I said, 'How is he, how is he? Did he make it?' And he said, 'No, he's gone'. That's all I remember."
Members of Jackson's family have accused Murray of administering the fatal dose of Propofol, which led to the singer's death. The doctor has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges. He will go on trial in January 2011.
More Michael Jackson News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes