Katherine Jackson: Conrad Murray Made Us Wait Before Revealing Michael's Fate
Michael Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray made the King of Pop's mother wait before revealing her son had died in June 2009. In a candid and emotional TV chat with Oprah Winfrey for "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will air in America on Monday, November 8, Katherine Jackson reveals she still has no idea why Murray took his time in confronting the family and telling them the grave news on the day his former boss passed away following an overdose of the anesthetic Propofol.
She says, "We stayed there a long time before he came in to tell us. Clearly I guess he didn't want to... It took him so long and I said, 'Well, what happened...?' I said, 'How is he, how is he? Did he make it?' And he said, 'No, he's gone'. That's all I remember."
Members of Jackson's family have accused Murray of administering the fatal dose of Propofol, which led to the singer's death. The doctor has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges. He will go on trial in January 2011.
More Michael Jackson News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger