Rihanna Says Late Barbados' Prime Minister Is 'Irreplaceable'
Rihanna has paid tribute to Barbados' late Prime Minister David Thompson, branding him "irreplaceable". The singer wept at Thompson's funeral in her home country on Wednesday, November 3 as she bade an emotional farewell to the politician, who lost his year-long battle with cancer aged 48.
And she has been left devastated by the tragedy - especially as Thompson only took office in January 2008. She tells Britain's The Sun, "He was a really dear friend of mine. It just sucks he didn't have enough time to really show Barbados what he was made of and all that he could have done."
"Just to be with his family, his friends, people that love him... it felt like it was the worst person it could happen to. He was a great man, great for the country. He was great to everyone that he knew, there's not one person that hates or hated this man. He is irreplaceable... It was very upsetting."
The 22 year old credits Thompson with inspiring her to take a more active interest in politics, adding: "I'm not good at the politics side at the moment. It terrifies me because I am so young. But maybe one day in years, decades from now, I'll get involved. I think more pop stars should care about their country and how it's run."
More Rihanna News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App