Rihanna Says Late Barbados' Prime Minister Is 'Irreplaceable'
Rihanna has paid tribute to Barbados' late Prime Minister David Thompson, branding him "irreplaceable". The singer wept at Thompson's funeral in her home country on Wednesday, November 3 as she bade an emotional farewell to the politician, who lost his year-long battle with cancer aged 48.
And she has been left devastated by the tragedy - especially as Thompson only took office in January 2008. She tells Britain's The Sun, "He was a really dear friend of mine. It just sucks he didn't have enough time to really show Barbados what he was made of and all that he could have done."
"Just to be with his family, his friends, people that love him... it felt like it was the worst person it could happen to. He was a great man, great for the country. He was great to everyone that he knew, there's not one person that hates or hated this man. He is irreplaceable... It was very upsetting."
The 22 year old credits Thompson with inspiring her to take a more active interest in politics, adding: "I'm not good at the politics side at the moment. It terrifies me because I am so young. But maybe one day in years, decades from now, I'll get involved. I think more pop stars should care about their country and how it's run."
More Rihanna News
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens