Amy Adams and Hilary Swank Had Awkward Encounter
Amy Adams and Hilary Swank had an awkward moment during a recent round table chat for movie industry publication The Hollywood Reporter when they realized they had both fought for the same recent role - and double Oscar winner Swank lost. The magazine gathered the stars together with actresses Helena Bonham Carter, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman and Annette Bening for a career-encompassing conversation but when the chat turned to roles they'd missed out on, Adams and Swank had to pick their words carefully.
Swank revealed she met with director Alex Kurtzman about the lead in his new film "Welcome to People", explaining, "I'm not a real big science fiction fan, but this script is a beautiful story about a brother and a sister." After the actress told the group she didn't get the role, Bening guessed, "Amy, you got it, didn't you?" prompting the blushing Adams to state, "I'm not getting into this."
But Adams later admitted she turned the part down when Swank announced, "Amy will be playing the role that I wanted." The new mum told her gathered peers, "I felt at this time with my daughter being a baby, I couldn't go there emotionally and still be there for her in the way I felt like an infant deserves."
"I felt... if I went to work every day and played this girl and came home, she's not going to have me. I'm not going to have the experience. I will miss this first year and I can't have that back."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger