Amy Adams and Hilary Swank Had Awkward Encounter
Amy Adams and Hilary Swank had an awkward moment during a recent round table chat for movie industry publication The Hollywood Reporter when they realized they had both fought for the same recent role - and double Oscar winner Swank lost. The magazine gathered the stars together with actresses Helena Bonham Carter, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman and Annette Bening for a career-encompassing conversation but when the chat turned to roles they'd missed out on, Adams and Swank had to pick their words carefully.
Swank revealed she met with director Alex Kurtzman about the lead in his new film "Welcome to People", explaining, "I'm not a real big science fiction fan, but this script is a beautiful story about a brother and a sister." After the actress told the group she didn't get the role, Bening guessed, "Amy, you got it, didn't you?" prompting the blushing Adams to state, "I'm not getting into this."
But Adams later admitted she turned the part down when Swank announced, "Amy will be playing the role that I wanted." The new mum told her gathered peers, "I felt at this time with my daughter being a baby, I couldn't go there emotionally and still be there for her in the way I felt like an infant deserves."
"I felt... if I went to work every day and played this girl and came home, she's not going to have me. I'm not going to have the experience. I will miss this first year and I can't have that back."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service