Amy Adams and Hilary Swank Had Awkward Encounter
Amy Adams and Hilary Swank had an awkward moment during a recent round table chat for movie industry publication The Hollywood Reporter when they realized they had both fought for the same recent role - and double Oscar winner Swank lost. The magazine gathered the stars together with actresses Helena Bonham Carter, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman and Annette Bening for a career-encompassing conversation but when the chat turned to roles they'd missed out on, Adams and Swank had to pick their words carefully.
Swank revealed she met with director Alex Kurtzman about the lead in his new film "Welcome to People", explaining, "I'm not a real big science fiction fan, but this script is a beautiful story about a brother and a sister." After the actress told the group she didn't get the role, Bening guessed, "Amy, you got it, didn't you?" prompting the blushing Adams to state, "I'm not getting into this."
But Adams later admitted she turned the part down when Swank announced, "Amy will be playing the role that I wanted." The new mum told her gathered peers, "I felt at this time with my daughter being a baby, I couldn't go there emotionally and still be there for her in the way I felt like an infant deserves."
"I felt... if I went to work every day and played this girl and came home, she's not going to have me. I'm not going to have the experience. I will miss this first year and I can't have that back."
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat