Hugh Jackman Turns Down Oscar Hosting Again
Hugh Jackman has been forced to turn down the chance to host the Academy Awards for a second time due to scheduling conflicts. The Australian actor hosted the Oscars prizegiving in 2009 and was asked back for this year's show, but he couldn't accept the offer, leaving the job to Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.
Academy bosses have been left disappointed again after seeking out Jackman's talents for the 2011 bash, because the hunk is too busy shooting "Wolverine 2". According to Deadline.com, the blockbuster will be shot in both New York and Tokyo, Japan.
The next Academy Awards ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on February 27. "The King's Speech" and "The Social Network" are two among movies which are touted to get a nomination in the Best Film category.
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?