Hugh Jackman Turns Down Oscar Hosting Again
Hugh Jackman has been forced to turn down the chance to host the Academy Awards for a second time due to scheduling conflicts. The Australian actor hosted the Oscars prizegiving in 2009 and was asked back for this year's show, but he couldn't accept the offer, leaving the job to Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.
Academy bosses have been left disappointed again after seeking out Jackman's talents for the 2011 bash, because the hunk is too busy shooting "Wolverine 2". According to Deadline.com, the blockbuster will be shot in both New York and Tokyo, Japan.
The next Academy Awards ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on February 27. "The King's Speech" and "The Social Network" are two among movies which are touted to get a nomination in the Best Film category.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie