Angus and Julia Stone Win Big at ARIA Awards
Singing siblings Angus & Julia Stone were the toast of Australia's Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) Awards on Sunday, November 7 after taking home two top trophies. The brother and sister folk duo won Album of the "Year for Down the Way", which has been the highest-selling album Down Under this year, and their track "Big Jet Plane" was named Single of the Year at the Sydney Opera House ceremony. The pair has racked up five ARIAs this year, including three early genre awards last week.
Singer Megan Washington was the night's Best Female, seeing off competition from pop superstar Kylie Minogue, Lisa Mitchell, Sia Furler and Clare Bowditch, while her debut album, "I Believe You Liar", won her the Breakthrough Artist prize. The Best Male honor went to Dan Sultan, while rockers Temper Trap were named Best Group and their hit single "Sweet Disposition" was the Most Popular Australian Single.
Fans voted British folk band Mumford & Sons the Best International Artist, ahead of Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation