Angus and Julia Stone Win Big at ARIA Awards
Singing siblings Angus & Julia Stone were the toast of Australia's Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) Awards on Sunday, November 7 after taking home two top trophies. The brother and sister folk duo won Album of the "Year for Down the Way", which has been the highest-selling album Down Under this year, and their track "Big Jet Plane" was named Single of the Year at the Sydney Opera House ceremony. The pair has racked up five ARIAs this year, including three early genre awards last week.
Singer Megan Washington was the night's Best Female, seeing off competition from pop superstar Kylie Minogue, Lisa Mitchell, Sia Furler and Clare Bowditch, while her debut album, "I Believe You Liar", won her the Breakthrough Artist prize. The Best Male honor went to Dan Sultan, while rockers Temper Trap were named Best Group and their hit single "Sweet Disposition" was the Most Popular Australian Single.
Fans voted British folk band Mumford & Sons the Best International Artist, ahead of Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl