Angus and Julia Stone Win Big at ARIA Awards
Singing siblings Angus & Julia Stone were the toast of Australia's Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) Awards on Sunday, November 7 after taking home two top trophies. The brother and sister folk duo won Album of the "Year for Down the Way", which has been the highest-selling album Down Under this year, and their track "Big Jet Plane" was named Single of the Year at the Sydney Opera House ceremony. The pair has racked up five ARIAs this year, including three early genre awards last week.
Singer Megan Washington was the night's Best Female, seeing off competition from pop superstar Kylie Minogue, Lisa Mitchell, Sia Furler and Clare Bowditch, while her debut album, "I Believe You Liar", won her the Breakthrough Artist prize. The Best Male honor went to Dan Sultan, while rockers Temper Trap were named Best Group and their hit single "Sweet Disposition" was the Most Popular Australian Single.
Fans voted British folk band Mumford & Sons the Best International Artist, ahead of Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party