Russell Crowe Backs Out of 'Bra Boys' Movie at His Wife's Request
Russell Crowe has stepped away from a new film about Australia's infamous Bra Boys gang at the request of his wife Danielle Spencer. The movie star admits his wife was unhappy about his involvement with the project, which was to be a fictional account of the unruly family gang members' clashes with New South Wales authorities almost two decades ago.
Crowe tells WENN, "I stepped away from that. It's not something my wife is comfortable with me approaching." The actor was inspired to develop the project after watching 2007 documentary "Bra Boys: Blood Is Thicker Than Water", which was written and directed by members of the gang.
He adds, "Whatever was encapsulated in that documentary is not really the full story and the longer you wait the more things happen. I wasn't actually directly attached to the film, but my involvement helped the producers get their own idea off the ground."
More Russell Crowe News
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser