Russell Crowe Backs Out of 'Bra Boys' Movie at His Wife's Request
Russell Crowe has stepped away from a new film about Australia's infamous Bra Boys gang at the request of his wife Danielle Spencer. The movie star admits his wife was unhappy about his involvement with the project, which was to be a fictional account of the unruly family gang members' clashes with New South Wales authorities almost two decades ago.
Crowe tells WENN, "I stepped away from that. It's not something my wife is comfortable with me approaching." The actor was inspired to develop the project after watching 2007 documentary "Bra Boys: Blood Is Thicker Than Water", which was written and directed by members of the gang.
He adds, "Whatever was encapsulated in that documentary is not really the full story and the longer you wait the more things happen. I wasn't actually directly attached to the film, but my involvement helped the producers get their own idea off the ground."
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge