Russell Crowe Backs Out of 'Bra Boys' Movie at His Wife's Request
Russell Crowe has stepped away from a new film about Australia's infamous Bra Boys gang at the request of his wife Danielle Spencer. The movie star admits his wife was unhappy about his involvement with the project, which was to be a fictional account of the unruly family gang members' clashes with New South Wales authorities almost two decades ago.
Crowe tells WENN, "I stepped away from that. It's not something my wife is comfortable with me approaching." The actor was inspired to develop the project after watching 2007 documentary "Bra Boys: Blood Is Thicker Than Water", which was written and directed by members of the gang.
He adds, "Whatever was encapsulated in that documentary is not really the full story and the longer you wait the more things happen. I wasn't actually directly attached to the film, but my involvement helped the producers get their own idea off the ground."
More Russell Crowe News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special