Russell Crowe Backs Out of 'Bra Boys' Movie at His Wife's Request
Russell Crowe has stepped away from a new film about Australia's infamous Bra Boys gang at the request of his wife Danielle Spencer. The movie star admits his wife was unhappy about his involvement with the project, which was to be a fictional account of the unruly family gang members' clashes with New South Wales authorities almost two decades ago.
Crowe tells WENN, "I stepped away from that. It's not something my wife is comfortable with me approaching." The actor was inspired to develop the project after watching 2007 documentary "Bra Boys: Blood Is Thicker Than Water", which was written and directed by members of the gang.
He adds, "Whatever was encapsulated in that documentary is not really the full story and the longer you wait the more things happen. I wasn't actually directly attached to the film, but my involvement helped the producers get their own idea off the ground."
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video