Michael Lohan Responds to Arrest Warrant Issued for Him
Lindsay Lohan's dad Michael is a wanted man - a judge in New York has issued a warrant for his arrest. A judge in Suffolk County, New York issued the warrant on Thursday, November 4, stemming from a legal case with a Montana woman who alleges Michael Lohan fathered her child.
Kristi Kaufmann sued the Lohan patriarch in 2008 and won an uncontested judgment because Michael never opposed the baby claim, reports TMZ.com. Michael Lohan insists he was unaware of the warrant and believes it is because he was a day late making his second child support payment to Kaufmann - and he's adamant once he makes the installment the warrant will be withdrawn.
Lohan has since reacted to the arrest warrant, saying "That's a woman in Montana [who] had a hearing against me, claiming that she has my kid. I was on parole, and was not allowed to leave New York. So the judge in Montana held me in default, and ordered me to pay child support."
He explained further to Pop Eater, "I asked for three paternity tests, and even Maury Povich asked her to do one with me, but she refused all three. I went to court in New York, and they basically extorted me: Pay and admit you are in default, or go to jail. The magistrate said even if I have a hearing, she will rule against me. How illegal is that. Anyway, I paid the first month, and the second I was late on, because of election day [Nov. 2]. But I did send it, and I have receipts. So because I was a couple of days late, they issued a warrant. How sick."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media