Cathy Moriarty Under Hit-and-Run Investigation
Actress Cathy Moriarty is under investigation by police after allegedly crashing her car into another vehicle then speeding off. The star, who received an Academy Award nomination for her role in Martin Scorsese's 1980 film "Raging Bull", was reportedly behind the wheel of a silver Chrysler in New York last month when she smashed into a Volvo.
According to a police report, obtained by TMZ.com, Moriarty drove through a stop sign then hit the other car, before driving away from the scene. Cops reportedly visited Moriarty at her home, where they found her car with damage to its front, but she has denied any involvement in the crash.
No further information was available as WENN went to press.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts