Katy Perry Thrilled About Dual Citizenship
Katy Perry's marriage to British funnyman Russell Brand is already paying great dividends - she can now dual for dual citizenship and avoid the long queues in immigration at London airports. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker wed Brand in India in October, and insists easy entry to the U.K. was not a factor in her decision to get married - but it helps.
She hopes the citizenship will make her frequent transAtlantic trips less stressful when she touches down in London. Perry tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "A gay couple I know are going to get married for British citizenship and I'm like, 'Oh!' "
"But of course I want to get dual citizenship. Those lines at Heathrow (airport) are disgusting. So, I mean, that would be a perk, right?"
More Katy Perry News
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary