Katy Perry Thrilled About Dual Citizenship
Katy Perry's marriage to British funnyman Russell Brand is already paying great dividends - she can now dual for dual citizenship and avoid the long queues in immigration at London airports. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker wed Brand in India in October, and insists easy entry to the U.K. was not a factor in her decision to get married - but it helps.
She hopes the citizenship will make her frequent transAtlantic trips less stressful when she touches down in London. Perry tells Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine, "A gay couple I know are going to get married for British citizenship and I'm like, 'Oh!' "
"But of course I want to get dual citizenship. Those lines at Heathrow (airport) are disgusting. So, I mean, that would be a perk, right?"
More Katy Perry News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding