Aerosmith Planning New Record in 2011
Aerosmith star Brad Whitford insists Steven Tyler's judging role on "American Idol" won't spell the end for the band - the rockers are planning to release a new album in 2011. The guitarist has revealed he and his bandmates are planning to record new material next year for their first new album in more than six years.
He tells Billboard, "That's what the band has been talking about. Obviously we'll have to work a little bit around Steven's television schedule, but he's ready to do it and he's pretty confident he can do this record, so hopefully we can get some of that new music out next year."
Whitford reveals there is material left over from an album Aerosmith started in 2008, but they are more likely to "start from scratch". He adds, "I think we're going to go back and listen to what we have up until now, but personally I'd like to start from scratch. I think that's the better way to go."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna