Aerosmith Planning New Record in 2011
Aerosmith star Brad Whitford insists Steven Tyler's judging role on "American Idol" won't spell the end for the band - the rockers are planning to release a new album in 2011. The guitarist has revealed he and his bandmates are planning to record new material next year for their first new album in more than six years.
He tells Billboard, "That's what the band has been talking about. Obviously we'll have to work a little bit around Steven's television schedule, but he's ready to do it and he's pretty confident he can do this record, so hopefully we can get some of that new music out next year."
Whitford reveals there is material left over from an album Aerosmith started in 2008, but they are more likely to "start from scratch". He adds, "I think we're going to go back and listen to what we have up until now, but personally I'd like to start from scratch. I think that's the better way to go."
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says