Aerosmith Planning New Record in 2011
Aerosmith star Brad Whitford insists Steven Tyler's judging role on "American Idol" won't spell the end for the band - the rockers are planning to release a new album in 2011. The guitarist has revealed he and his bandmates are planning to record new material next year for their first new album in more than six years.
He tells Billboard, "That's what the band has been talking about. Obviously we'll have to work a little bit around Steven's television schedule, but he's ready to do it and he's pretty confident he can do this record, so hopefully we can get some of that new music out next year."
Whitford reveals there is material left over from an album Aerosmith started in 2008, but they are more likely to "start from scratch". He adds, "I think we're going to go back and listen to what we have up until now, but personally I'd like to start from scratch. I think that's the better way to go."
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'