Lil Wayne Sentenced to Serve 360 Hours of Community Service
Rapper Lil Wayne has been sentenced to serve 360 hours of community service in his adopted Miami, Florida as punishment for a drug possession charge from 2008. The hitmaker flew to Yuma, Arizona on Friday, November 5 for sentencing, just a day after his release from New York's Rikers Island prison, where he served eight months for illegal weapons possession.
The hearing stems from an arrest in the town two years ago when border patrol officers pulled over his tourbus and reportedly found cocaine, ecstasy and a handgun on board. Lil Wayne pleaded guilty to one count of felony possession of a dangerous drug; the other drug charges and the gun charge were all thrown out.
As well as the community service, Wayne was also placed on probation for three years. Following the sentencing, Lil Wayne jetted off to Miami for a welcome home party at exclusive strip club King of Diamonds.
According to TMZ, the rap star plans to celebrate his release from prison with proteges Drake and Nicki Minaj and record label boss Baby Williams. But there's one catch - the probation documents Wayne signed on Friday clearly state that he "may not consume or drink any substance containing alcohol" as long as he's on probation. That means he'll be sober at his big party.
More Lil Wayne News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram