Lil Wayne Sentenced to Serve 360 Hours of Community Service
Rapper Lil Wayne has been sentenced to serve 360 hours of community service in his adopted Miami, Florida as punishment for a drug possession charge from 2008. The hitmaker flew to Yuma, Arizona on Friday, November 5 for sentencing, just a day after his release from New York's Rikers Island prison, where he served eight months for illegal weapons possession.
The hearing stems from an arrest in the town two years ago when border patrol officers pulled over his tourbus and reportedly found cocaine, ecstasy and a handgun on board. Lil Wayne pleaded guilty to one count of felony possession of a dangerous drug; the other drug charges and the gun charge were all thrown out.
As well as the community service, Wayne was also placed on probation for three years. Following the sentencing, Lil Wayne jetted off to Miami for a welcome home party at exclusive strip club King of Diamonds.
According to TMZ, the rap star plans to celebrate his release from prison with proteges Drake and Nicki Minaj and record label boss Baby Williams. But there's one catch - the probation documents Wayne signed on Friday clearly state that he "may not consume or drink any substance containing alcohol" as long as he's on probation. That means he'll be sober at his big party.
More Lil Wayne News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says